Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Camry XLE V6
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2012 Camry XLE V6 - 17" Stock Rims
Some imbecile at Firestone rounded all of my lugnuts with an untold amount of ugga-duggas from an impact. I now find myself needing replacements.

I was looking at these on Amazon, but was unsure of whether or not they would fit. Can anyone confirm the Camry wheel stud thread size to be 12 x 1.5?
Amazon garage suggests that they do but I'm not 100% confident in that certification.

·
Camry Freak
Camry & Accord
2,217 Posts
If it was Firestone's fault- why not tell them to order you a set from your local Toyota dealership?

If you don't want to pursue the option of trying to get Firestone to pay for them- call your local Toyota dealership's parts department and get the specific part number for your lug nuts. Then look them up via the part number. I'm sure you'd be able to find a decent set on Ebay or similar website for a reasonable price.

I was able to get a complete set of OEM lug nuts for my 2019 Accord's set of winter tires on Ebay for like $20. The factory wheel lug nuts were black to match the Sport wheels- but my winter wheels didn't look right with black lug nuts- so I ordered a set of chrome-finished ones that matched the black ones perfectly- except for the difference in color.

Reactions: AleksLZCR

·
Registered
2012 Camry XLE V6
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If it was Firestone's fault- why not tell them to order you a set from your local Toyota dealership?

If you don't want to pursue the option of trying to get Firestone to pay for them- call your local Toyota dealership's parts department and get the specific part number for your lug nuts. Then look them up via the part number. I'm sure you'd be able to find a decent set on Ebay or similar website for a reasonable price.

I was able to get a complete set of OEM lug nuts for my 2019 Accord's set of winter tires on Ebay for like $20. The factory wheel lug nuts were black to match the Sport wheels- but my winter wheels didn't look right with black lug nuts- so I ordered a set of chrome-finished ones that matched the black ones perfectly- except for the difference in color.

I didn't find out until much later when I attempted to remove the wheels myself. Far too late to prove it was their fault.
The parts depo is a good idea though, thank you.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Sounds like the wrong size wrench socket was used(?).

Typically the threads/studs get damaged before any rounding of the nuts occurs.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Well, some jerk at Mavis really over torqued my front left wheel, rounded the lugs, stretched the studs, and warped the rotor. The car was never the same. Changed lug nuts, studs, and rotor, but she never ran as smooth again like brand new from the dealer. I now buy replacement tires from a performance shop where they road force balance, do a heck of an alignment, and they even over torque 30 or 40 ft pounds, but that's not enough to damage the wheel assembly. My 2012 Camry SE calls for 76 pounds, and the Pros at Toyota screwed up, and put about 140 on them on one occasion. Good luck.

·
Registered
2012 Camry XLE V6
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, some jerk at Mavis really over torqued my front left wheel, rounded the lugs, stretched the studs, and warped the rotor. The car was never the same. Changed lug nuts, studs, and rotor, but she never ran as smooth again like brand new from the dealer. I now buy replacement tires from a performance shop where they road force balance, do a heck of an alignment, and they even over torque 30 or 40 ft pounds, but that's not enough to damage the wheel assembly. My 2012 Camry SE calls for 76 pounds, and the Pros at Toyota screwed up, and put about 140 on them on one occasion. Good luck.
Sheesh. Thankfully they didn't go quite that hard on mine, I'm not sure where you are located but what was the name of the shop you go to now?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Sheesh. Thankfully they didn't go quite that hard on mine, I'm not sure where you are located but what was the name of the shop you go to now?
Baldwin, NY and the name of the shop is Real Auto Dynamics. Listen, just about everyone over torques, and it's a good idea to know your torque value to just remind them before they operate on your car. Local Toyota dealer quoted me 5 bucks for a lug not, not bad, you get the right size, and they won't rust out in a year like after cheaper after market. Good idea to buy yourself an inexpensive torque wrench to see if you're in the ball park. Always like the dealership parts people, friendly, and the price on some parts is really fair.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I buy a lot of parts from Rockauto, but some times I wonder, just replaced a pair of Wagner ceramic pads from them that wore unevenly and ruined the rotors. Went to an auto parts house near me called Colvin, been around since the late 1800's, use to fix horse carriages then, the pads were $28.00 and the rotors $51.00 for the pair. As far as the lug nuts, kind of a no brainer, get them from Toyota for 5 bucks a piece, OEM, and the right size.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts