Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone here done a great deal in their camrys to make it more of a luxury car? stuff done to the interior?

anyone know of any good leather seat covers or so for a camry 98. or should i just buy leather seats?

·
Not so Noob now!
557 Posts
You might find what you want in a Lexus ES300...

·
Zzzz
Camry
2,255 Posts
yup, or you could always take swap over es300 parts, if it's a gen3.

I'd suggest looking into "Dash trim kits" along with reverse glow gauges.

2005 Tacoma X-Runner
9,188 Posts
Theres a couple of things you can do to make the car seem more luxurious. You can get some es300 seats and put those in. I'm looking for a set of black leather and suede is300 seats to put in my car. I waiting to install my new black carpet to match the seats. I bought this autodimming mirrow off ebay.

I want to get my steering wheel rewrapped in new leather and painted wood.

·
Banned
4,345 Posts
You can buy wood inserts for the ES300 from the company that originally made them in the car. Several ES's have done that on ClubLexus with extremely nice results. .See HERE
You can also get an ES300 wood/leather wheel.

As stated previously, you can swap all of the leather parts out of an ES to your Camry.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks, and what year should the es300 seats be? where would be the best place to get them? and what type of parts from the es300 should i switch over? would their gauges fit?

2005 Tacoma X-Runner
9,188 Posts
For your gen4 camry, you'd want to look for seat out of a 97-01 es300. Check out www.car-part.com Theres also a couple floating around on ebay.

·
Banned
4,345 Posts
The gaugues will fit. it's the same interious, everything it just wrapped with really good leather and much prettier.
Buy seats from the same generation of ES as your car.

You want a gen 3 ES, which is the same as a gen 4 Camry. You want a 97-01 I do believe.

·
Banned
4,345 Posts
Try L-Tuned parts. They're a vendor on ClubLexus, and reputable. If you don't find what you want on their site, call them because they don't show a lot of things, and can get better deals from the Lexus USA vendors than many other places can. I know they don't list the steering wheels, but they sometimes have them in stock, and can get them easily if they don't.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks, i just checked some of that stuff out, it's costly for the seats. I wouldn't mind just leather covers, they look pretty much the same, you can't really tell the difference=D Anyone know where I could get those?

Those wood trims are nice, I'am looking into those.

btw, what's a good psi for tires? 35?

·
Gen 4 XLE v6
02 Toy Solara V6 MT
3,192 Posts
I've got a gen 4 xle which I think is semiluxury itself.
* in dash 3 cd changer w/ premium sound pacakage ie. tweeters by the side mirrors (all OEM Toyota)
* Climate control
* Rear view mirror with compass, temp guage and auto dimming
* Dual power seats
* Leather seats + leather steering + leather gear shift knob
* moonroof
* Two tone exterior (champaign on top and brown on the bottom) a rear 2 tone i've only seen a few times on other camrys!
* 16 inch wheels from 2002 XLE rims. (yeah, i prefer the OEM wheels for that 'sleeper' look).

I've got an ES as well...there are certain aspects where teh ES is better, but i still love my camry more than my ES!

·
Registered
84 Posts
jhbhatia,

I would love to see a photo of your car. I have a 98 Camry LE and also like stock wheels. I was considering a set of 16" wheels off of a Camry/Solara. Where did you find them? What did you pay for them?

Thanks,

·
Gen 4 XLE v6
02 Toy Solara V6 MT
3,192 Posts
machman said:
jhbhatia,

I would love to see a photo of your car. I have a 98 Camry LE and also like stock wheels. I was considering a set of 16" wheels off of a Camry/Solara. Where did you find them? What did you pay for them?

Thanks,
Your not the only one who has requested the such...i'm lazy! (i didn't even take a SINGLE snap of my solara with trd lips before i sold them...:( ) . I got the wheel set from a forum member here who also lives in houston..who i had a deal with $550 CASH...(included 2002 Camry XLE rims + lugs). Look for my posts in the next few weeks....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts