Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive talked to alot of people about streetglow and installing it on my 1993 camry, from what ive heard, I might need a bodykit too so, that the light from the bulbs does not shine into traffic. Is there anyway I can install neons without spending another grand on a bodkit or side skirts?
John

·
Old fogey
1,429 Posts
Seems like since you don't want it to shine into traffic too much that you intend to have it on during traffic... in that case, save up a few hundred anyways for all the tickets the cops are gonna give you for having your neons on while in motion.

·
Registered
71 Posts
i had the neons on my car before AND still do after i installed my body kits...true...no body kits equals extra shine perimeter but it's not like it's BEAMING out into traffic an makin people trip out and it's not like it's a laser your shinin in someones eyes an shit...body kits just block more of the light and with proper placing and installation or neons it will be strictly for the most part under your car it looks sick

·
TRD Guy
588 Posts
DarkMastyr said:
Seems like since you don't want it to shine into traffic too much that you intend to have it on during traffic... in that case, save up a few hundred anyways for all the tickets the cops are gonna give you for having your neons on while in motion.

haha very true

·
That Geeky Star Wars Girl
674 Posts
^ :werd:

that's why my neons are interior only ;)

Keri

·
TN's Nikon Expert?
12,679 Posts
you would put the neons on your camry the same way if it had a body kit or not. it just doenst look as good (IMO) if you can see the whole friggan bar, if you plan on gettin a kit later, and all you can afford now is neons, cool, thats just the way i was.

·
Boss Honky
2,703 Posts
As I quoted you before AMEN to that!!! As long as you have proper fittment your neons will not show.

Fresco Bob said:
whoever told you that is stupid and should be smacked. you just need to mount them properly and itll be fine.

·
Sweet n' Lowdown
2006 Scion tC
16,189 Posts
asscarracer -
Let theamazingnate do you up. He's got like 50 bazillion neons and strobes on his gen4 and none of them show with out a kit. :thumbup:

PM him, he mentioned something to YESCA about being back in St.L this weekend to do their ground wires.

·
Mad Scientist
94 scepter coupe
3,967 Posts
i had neons on my wagon the only thing i didn't like was how cheap they were built cause they cracked (they still worked) i don't plan on putting anymore on my car. but there is a way to mount them to "hide" the bar. another thing that helps is if you put metal tape on the spot your going to mount the neons that way you'll see the light alot brighter

·
Why not?
226 Posts
I had my neons mounted with a trd body kit, and you can still see em on my gen 4.

Ugh, they dont owkr anymore cuz i hit a beaver and smashed the front lights bulb :(

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
How much do you think it would cost to have them installed? Does 300 sound reasonable just for the install?

·
TN's Nikon Expert?
12,679 Posts
damn...you must really want to know...in my opion 300 is way to much to pay for just an install, thats like twice what you pay for them?? its easy to do it yourself, if not, then i think somewhere like 100 ish -/+ $50 is what you might expect to pay for just an install...

·
Boss Honky
2,703 Posts
When Bluemeanie, Amazing and myself get together again we can knock out your neons in a night, PRICE:.....Case of beer. PM one of us and see what our aggenda is.

asscarracer said:
How much do you think it would cost to have them installed? Does 300 sound reasonable just for the install?

·
Registered
397 Posts
What generation (or year) camry do you have?

I agree with the above posts. For one, you don't need it. Second, don't use it in traffic. Third, if you do it, mount in properly and you won't need a body kit.

Otherwise they're relatively easy to install. Just don't be lazy running the wiring or they'll short/break/become exposed and corrode.

Also, try LED tube kits instead of neon.

·
I smell McNuggets
1,011 Posts

I put this in my camry myself. I was not able to hide a tube in the rear so i did not put one there nad just put 2 in the front. What i did to cut down on seeing the bulb was put a strip of BLACK ducttape on half of the bulb. this way it only shines down on the ground.

·
Boss Honky
2,703 Posts
89SV21 said:
neons are fackin lame, i used to have em and they're about as much help as having wisdom teeth. completely worthless. don't waste your time and work on making your cam faster.
Don't knock what he wants to do, if he wants neons let him get neons some people just want to make their car look nice and not get into performance stuff and vice versa, we are not here to judge.:nono:

·
Pimpin' In Paradise.
2000 Toyota Camry
343 Posts
I second that. No one asked for your 2 cents about his personal choice, either you help answer the question, or you don't post at all.

/not my 2 cents.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.