Toyota Nation Forum banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Camreee
'99 Auto V6
342 Posts
Did you forget to burp the air out of the cooling system?

Fans have all plugs connected?

You could check the ecu side plug wire to make sure it's getting a signal appropriate for the temperature.

·
'00 4 Cyl. Auto Camry LE
968 Posts
Bigboom997 - do you have the ability to monitor the engine coolant temp (ECT) sensor from the ECM, with an OBDII Scanner or Reader?

Being able to see the engine coolant temp, real-time, is very helpful in getting the issue corrected.

An IR Thermometer is also useful diagnosing overheat issues: but an OBDII scanner / reader, more so.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
I did burp it but I'll do it again today to make sure I got all the air bubbles. I don't think it's anything serious. Pretty sure it's setting small that I'm not seeing

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Bigboom997 - do you have the ability to monitor the engine coolant temp (ECT) sensor from the ECM, with an OBDII Scanner or Reader?

Being able to see the engine coolant temp, real-time, is very helpful in getting the issue corrected.

An IR Thermometer is also useful diagnosing overheat issues: but an OBDII scanner / reader, more so.
I do not. I'll YouTube that if I don't solve the issue by tomorrow.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Went back to burp the cooling system. Found that the coolant was still pretty low so I filled it and properly burped it. Ran it for a good 30 minutes and no overheating so far. Gonna take it out on the road to see how it does on a drive. Will give an update tomorrow.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts