Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My camry has had a tough life, its first 5000 miles it was a demo at a dealership in Daytona Florida, then to make it worse, an elderly woman drove it and somehow scraped the trunk, hit the mirror, cracking it. On top of that, where I go to high school, everyone drives their big ass Excursions and crappy cars bought by mommy and daddy, leaving large scrapes and dings on my car. Keep in mind that I have a white camry. Then, somehow, tar got on my hood and roof and tiny light red spots are starting to appear on it (93 camry LE white). Now that im done bitching, what national shops do you think do a good job at painting camrys and how much do u think it would cost.
Thanks,
John

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks alot:disappoin , im just a newb with a lot of questions.

·
That Geeky Star Wars Girl
674 Posts
asscarracer said:
thanks alot:disappoin , im just a newb with a lot of questions.
then the Giant Yellow Flashing SEARCH Button at the top of the page needs to become your new best friend. most of the stuff you are asking has been asked a billion times before so that is why everyone flames you...before posting please try Searching. there is SO much great info here to read, i have been here awhile and i still use the Search function :)

Keri

·
Registered
785 Posts
tar on the hood? buy some turtle wax rubbing compound.... as in road tar? the rubbing compound should take it off (if aplied properly)

·
Boss Honky
2,703 Posts
Give him a break we were all noobs at one time. He's gotta learn:D Get the waffel iron, zip ties, and I'll bring the pudding!:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
The Greatest
3,830 Posts
Whoa. There really aren't any good national paint chains.

Maaco has cheap shitty ones which are like 400 bucks.
Dealerships are good but they charge the shit out of you.

I'd say you look around your area. Search and find out what kind of things you have to make sure they include in the paint job. They should be like 1000-2000 USD. Very expensive, and it could be even more.:eek:

·
Official Acura Troll
1,292 Posts
since u live in st. louis, u should have really good independent shops. call your local porsche dealers, and other exotic dealers, and see who tehir bodyshops are.

·
S14 Fever :D
1993 Toyota Scepter
2,456 Posts
Ah, leave the poor guy alone:)

Rubbing compond works wonders:thumbup:

The search button is a great way to find the answers to your questions, and if you can't find the answer pm me I'll be more then happy to help you:)

·
Registered
Camry
1,463 Posts
asscarracer said:
My camry has had a tough life, its first 5000 miles it was a demo at a dealership in Daytona Florida, then to make it worse, an elderly woman drove it and somehow scraped the trunk, hit the mirror, cracking it. On top of that, where I go to high school, everyone drives their big ass Excursions and crappy cars bought by mommy and daddy, leaving large scrapes and dings on my car. Keep in mind that I have a white camry. Then, somehow, tar got on my hood and roof and tiny light red spots are starting to appear on it (93 camry LE white). Now that im done bitching, what national shops do you think do a good job at painting camrys and how much do u think it would cost.
Thanks,
John
A Bad paint job makes a lousy first impression. First impressions are hard to shake.The paint chains or the $399 paint jobs are like that.They tack on dent repairs etc, so the price ends up higher.
Then you find overspray everywhere, bad masking jobs etc.
Clearcoat is extra, ends up being not so good a deal.
Got to make a choice here, spring $1200 or live with it.
Given that choice, I won't paint my car white again. I would paint it something other than a factory color for max effect.

I don't bash noobs 'cause I have kids. I am used to questions. Even if some of it is inane, as long as there is genuine interest there is nothing wrong in asking. It would be nice if noobs did a little research first I agree, but many are not aware of what to search for. If it bugs ya, skip the post.

One piece of advice to new users;
To get to an answer, you must first know the question.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts