Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
2006 Lincoln Zephyr
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How come we don't have one of these? Or do we? People seem to get really pissed off when the same questions are asked. I know I have a ton of information for 2nd gen Camry's in my head that most people don't know about. Someone should make one. I wouldbe willing to contribute to the 2nd gen one. I think me, 88le, and Hotwheel Harmer could do it all on our own. Tony, Wraith, etc could do the 3rd gens. And whoever for the 4thgen, 5thgen, Lexus ES cars and Solaras. This wouldnotbe a general faq, just for like engine work, brakes, suspension, etc. Just the stuff that makes your car perform better...

·
Current title:
253 Posts
um thats why the search button is blinking...should people only be smart enough to click it and search for what they want to know

there would also be a camry faq located at the top of the list of threads....................................................................................................................

·
Registered
320 Posts
im willing to start one if anyone is interested in helping, i was already working on a web page newayz. lemme know. im me on
aim: Lorin Talonhands or email [email protected]

·
Auto-Cross Addict
3,837 Posts
We do have one though. The Camry FAQ has springs, kits and other goodies in there.

Are you thinking like one of where to get all the parts?

I can keep going on guides. If people want to list some more over abused topics, I can do some write-ups on them (whenever I have time).

So far I have:
]Intakes
Octane
Turbos
(I also have some general guides over on the SC forum)

What else do you guys want to see?

·
Whine Connoisseur
6,583 Posts
Y'all are encouraged to do informative write ups. Afteral, this site exists and thrives on member contribution and discussions. Others like SmokingTires have done this in the past and those that stumble across their write-ups are very appreciative of their willingness to share. If the material is neatly presented and deemed useful, the mods/admins will incorporate it into the site either as a sticky or an article. I hope to see some contributions from a few of you soon :)

·
Banned
2006 Lincoln Zephyr
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ikon said:
um thats why the search button is blinking...should people only be smart enough to click it and search for what they want to know

there would also be a camry faq located at the top of the list of threads....................................................................................................................
Unlike you, I am aware that there is stuff out there that has never been posted on the forum since I have been around since(and before) the beginning of TN. The 2nd gen especially needs help since it's parts take a little more work to find.

I think I amy start a FAQ just for performance parts for the 2nd gen Camry. It's will take me a while though to get it all together and make sure the info is 100% correct.

·
Current title:
253 Posts
Talisman18 said:
Unlike you, I am aware that there is stuff out there that has never been posted on the forum since I have been around since(and before) the beginning of TN.
lets not lock keys about this i agree that it would be nice...but half the time shit doesnt get done...how many "group buys" have ever been completed?

the need is there bro..if ur gonna do it up contact all the parties u think might want to participate...set up a poll thread and get some feedback...dont just post up saying hey "what if" ;)

and trust me i know u've been around for a while with ur 2nd gen helping out nubs and others with whatever u can :thumbup:

·
Registered
1 Posts
im looking forward to this guide, i need help/advice on mods for my 2nd gen camry LE :)

·
Where's my boomstick?
2,528 Posts
The problem is there are too many people who want a quick and easy hp boost, while no such thing exsists for the Gen2 camry. +hp = time and commitment and too many people dont understand that.

Its been said before, and i agree 100%, The reason there is no aftermarket for the Gen2 is that there isnt really any serious interest.

The "performance faq" idea is a decent one, but i imagine what type of info would be in there, besides do an engine swap, or rebuild the engine and turbo it. there's not that much out there to do.

speaking of camry performance, Anyone hear from 1fastle lately? his shop is supposed to be coming out with some stuff soon, and i need to talk to him about some other stuff.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Why do people insist on pointing to the "flashing button" rather than just helping the person?

i know its irritating if the question is asked over and over again, but come on.. how would you like it if you asked a question and was directed to a flashing button.

im sure you would be flamed.

·
Auto-Cross Addict
3,837 Posts
dropyopanties said:
Why do people insist on pointing to the "flashing button" rather than just helping the person?

i know its irritating if the question is asked over and over again, but come on.. how would you like it if you asked a question and was directed to a flashing button.

im sure you would be flamed.
Try doing a full write-up 20 times over. It's a pain in the but to type a page worth of info 2 or 3 times a month on the same topic. And along with that follow questions and clarification. And the likelyhood is that these were all covered in the previous thread. So why not save time (and server space) by point them in the exact direction they need to go.

*Why was the thread pulled up again anyways? People can try the Tech section. There is pleanty of info there :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts