Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
8,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How long do you have your Camry(s), any problems, and what work/service has been done to it? All gens are welcome. :D

So here I go,

Type Of Vehicle/Engine: '08 LE I4 / U.S. Built
Year Bought: Nov '07
Mileage: 8,500
Problem(s): Hesitation
Work/Service Done: Shifting enhancement TSB and regular oil change

·
Camry Freak
1,030 Posts
Type Of Vehicle/Engine: '07 Hybrid / Japan Built
Year Bought: February 2007
Mileage: 23,000
Problem(s): Center console squeak, dash rattle, rattles when bass is turned up
Work/Service Done: Regular maintenance and warranty work on the console squeak and dash rattle

·
Registered
7 Posts
Type Of Vehicle/Engine: 2002 Camry LE 4 cyl
Year Bought: August 2006
Mileage: 75,000 at purchase, 202,000 at present
Problem(s): A/C relay failure, Power window regulator
Work/Service Done: Replaced above parts, regular scheduled maintenance (oil changes ~ 5000 miles, water pumps, drive belts, spark plugs, etc...)

·
Goes Against The Grain
18,082 Posts
Type Of Vehicle/Engine: 2002 Camry SE V6 Japan Built
Year Bought: July 1st '06
Mileage: 116,xxx KM at purchase, 151,xxxKM at present
Problem(s): Only problem was hesitation due to EGR Valve
Work/Service Done: Above problem replaced, Timing belt, water pump. Reg oil changes..

·
"Two Tacos"
232 Posts
Type Of Vehicle/Engine: 2007 LE/V6 US Built
Year Bought: June 2006
Mileage: 27K
Problem(s): Body to Rear Strut Noise (week1), Wheel Vibration (Week1),Power window regulator bad, Power Window Motor bad, Radio screen blanks out, displays stray characters, transmission flare.
Work/Service Done: TSB for strut noise, replaced rear passenger window motor and regulator, replaced Radio, TSB for transmission flare. Regular maintenance, as per OM, 2007 SE rims installed with new tires.

I still like my Camry!

·
Registered
8,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Type Of Vehicle/Engine: 2007 LE/V6 US Built
Year Bought: June 2006
Mileage: 27K
Problem(s): Body to Rear Strut Noise (week1), Wheel Vibration (Week1),Power window regulator bad, Power Window Motor bad, Radio screen blanks out, displays stray characters, transmission flare.
Work/Service Done: TSB for strut noise, replaced rear passenger window motor and regulator, replaced Radio, TSB for transmission flare. Regular maintenance, as per OM, 2007 SE rims installed with new tires.

I still like my Camry!
:eek: Damn, looks like you got all the bad stuff.

·
Registered
30 Posts
<sings> Are you ready for this? LOL ;)

Type Of Vehicle/Engine:
2007 SE V6

Year Bought:
November 2007 - demo with 16,000+ km's (9900+ miles) at time of purchase

Mileage:
63,000+ km's (39,000+ miles)

Problem(s):
- Dealer-installed auto-start would not work properly
- Water in tail lights
- Front fascia pulled away from drivers wheel well
- Dash squeaks in cold weather
- Headliner / moon roof squeaks
- Transmission hard shifting
- Front brake rotors worn
- Oxygen sensors
- OEM tires worn at only 27,000 km (16,700 miles)
- Faulty engine computer module (probably linked to oxygen sensor issues)
- Rear fascia loose on passenger side
- Stress crack in drivers side mirror
- Hard-start issues
- Trim under hood loose, rust forming on underside of hood

Work/Service Done:
- After 4 failed attempts to remedy, removed auto start
- Replaced both tail lights (warranty)
- Glued and riveted front fascia (warranty)
- Removed dash and installed 'tacky' insulation to stop rattle (warranty)
- Headliner / moon roof rattle is still an ongoing issue
- TSB for tranny reprogramming stopped the hard shifting issue (warranty)
- Rotors replaced (warranty)
- After 2-1/2 months of a continuous engine light and 4 attempts to remedy, finally fixed O2 issue (warranty)
- Replaced tires
- Replaced module during the time of O2 sensor issues (warranty)
- Had to replace almost all screws holding rear fascia on both sides (warranty)
- Replaced mirror (warranty)
- Hard-starts are an ongoing issue - please search for my thread elsewhere in this section and comment with your thoughts and helpful hints
- Hood being repainted this week (warranty)

As you can see, I've had issues and I am not entirely thrilled with my 1st Toyota ownership experience.

But it is not all doom and gloom. On the plus side, when the car is working right, it is an absolute joy to drive.

I love the looks. It caught my eye and I find it looks better every day. Mine is Barcelona Red, and it gets lots of longs stares.

I love the power. A member of the local police force took it for a little spin and the next thing I knew we were doing over 145 mph and still pulling hard before he had to back off as we were running out of straight road. There is no doubt in my mind that it will do 160.

I love the gas mileage. Since the O2 sensors / module were replaced, gas mileage has been fan-tab-u-lous. If I am taking my time and keep it to around 115 kph or so on the highway, I have gotten as high as 41 mpg (Canadian gallons). Before the O2 sensors / module were taken care of, I got about 35 mpg (Canadian gallon).

·
Goes Against The Grain
18,082 Posts
Did not realize that you had all those miles on your car.
myself? i think it converts to round 90,000 miles..or just over that. Not bad for an 02.

·
Registered
8,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
<sings> Are you ready for this? LOL ;)

Type Of Vehicle/Engine:
2007 SE V6

Year Bought:
November 2007 - demo with 16,000+ km's (9900+ miles) at time of purchase

Mileage:
63,000+ km's (39,000+ miles)

Problem(s):
- Dealer-installed auto-start would not work properly
- Water in tail lights
- Front fascia pulled away from drivers wheel well
- Dash squeaks in cold weather
- Headliner / moon roof squeaks
- Transmission hard shifting
- Front brake rotors worn
- Oxygen sensors
- OEM tires worn at only 27,000 km (16,700 miles)
- Faulty engine computer module (probably linked to oxygen sensor issues)
- Rear fascia loose on passenger side
- Stress crack in drivers side mirror
- Hard-start issues
- Trim under hood loose, rust forming on underside of hood

Work/Service Done:
- After 4 failed attempts to remedy, removed auto start
- Replaced both tail lights (warranty)
- Glued and riveted front fascia (warranty)
- Removed dash and installed 'tacky' insulation to stop rattle (warranty)
- Headliner / moon roof rattle is still an ongoing issue
- TSB for tranny reprogramming stopped the hard shifting issue (warranty)
- Rotors replaced (warranty)
- After 2-1/2 months of a continuous engine light and 4 attempts to remedy, finally fixed O2 issue (warranty)
- Replaced tires
- Replaced module during the time of O2 sensor issues (warranty)
- Had to replace almost all screws holding rear fascia on both sides (warranty)
- Replaced mirror (warranty)
- Hard-starts are an ongoing issue - please search for my thread elsewhere in this section and comment with your thoughts and helpful hints
- Hood being repainted this week (warranty)

As you can see, I've had issues and I am not entirely thrilled with my 1st Toyota ownership experience.

But it is not all doom and gloom. On the plus side, when the car is working right, it is an absolute joy to drive.

I love the looks. It caught my eye and I find it looks better every day. Mine is Barcelona Red, and it gets lots of longs stares.

I love the power. A member of the local police force took it for a little spin and the next thing I knew we were doing over 145 mph and still pulling hard before he had to back off as we were running out of straight road. There is no doubt in my mind that it will do 160.

I love the gas mileage. Since the O2 sensors / module were replaced, gas mileage has been fan-tab-u-lous. If I am taking my time and keep it to around 115 kph or so on the highway, I have gotten as high as 41 mpg (Canadian gallons). Before the O2 sensors / module were taken care of, I got about 35 mpg (Canadian gallon).
OMG! Hehe... Glad you still stick with it. :clap:

myself? i think it converts to round 90,000 miles..or just over that. Not bad for an 02.
That's not bad at all for an '02. I got 50,000 mi on the clock on my old '00 Corolla... ;) That's because most of the time it's been sitting in the parking lot. :D

·
Registered
30 Posts
hehe

I hear ya..... not much else ya can do when you're only 8 months into your lease..... they pretty much got ya by the short 'n curlies

·
Registered
31 Posts
2008 LE 4cyl
Bought Nov 2007, final Assembly - Kentucky Nov 2007
Mileage - 8000

Problems...
1. Out of alignment from the factory. Outside edges of front tires were wearing too quick. - Noticed at around 5k
2. Transmission not calibrated from the factory. I could mat the gas at low speeds and nothing happed for 2+ seconds.
3. CD player crapped out. Wouldn't play or eject cd's randomly. Radio worked(thank god).
4. Dealer put wrong oil in on first oil change. 5-20 or 0-20 per owners manual and it's on the freaking oil cap. They used 5-30. Not a huge deal, but that's a crock IMO. You're supposed to follow recommended service standards to keep the factory warranty valid.
5. Car left the lot without a safety/Emmsions inspection. (Luckily I didn't get a ticket)

Everything except rotating the tires was on the dealers dime(Another crock). Rotate them in order to keep an eye on the alignment - DUHHH (especially since the tires were in near new condition...)

Nothing too terrible, but it makes me leery of what else could go wrong. My guess is that since the final assembly date and our purchase date are so close together.... It was made in a hurry and it got out the door without paying attention to details. I'm OK as long as I don't have any major problems (out of my pocket or not) - if I do the car is gone, end of story.

·
Registered
8,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Yes, it seems like Toyota is in a hurry when they built the Gen 6 Camrys. More quantity = Poor quality.

·
Registered
8,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I just hit 10,000 on the ODO today :D

I've had this car for almost 1 year now, and still running strong, no problems so far, I love it. :D

·
Joined the dark side. :D
5,762 Posts
I just hit 10,000 on the ODO today :D

I've had this car for almost 1 year now, and still running strong, no problems so far, I love it. :D
Mine is almost x5 that. :D For the year... 2 years.

More quantity = Poor quality = More $$ for them :lol:

·
boo.hoo.hoo.
1,498 Posts
Type Of Vehicle/Engine: '07 LE V6 / U.S. Built
Year Bought: May '07
Mileage: 12600
Problem(s): Hesitation, dashboard squeak
Work/Service Done: TSB fix for transmission flare, regular oil/tire service, lifetime alignment from Firestone.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Type Of Vehicle/Engine: '05 LE I4 / U.S. Built
Year Bought: Aug '05
Mileage: 36,500
Problem(s): Intermediate Steering Shaft Clunk, Leaking Water Pump (Twice!)
Work/Service Done: TSB for intermediate steering shaft, water pump(s) replaced under warranty, regular maintenance.

·
Premium Member
6,508 Posts
I'm going to beat all the 4 cylinders in this thread.. Cept lammydi.

Type Of Vehicle/Engine: 2007 LE/I4 US Built
Year Bought: 2006
Mileage: 33K
Problem(s): interior shake, transmission flare, transmission hesitation, a sexy ass driver.
Work/Service Done: TSB for tranny hesitation, solenoid replacement, transmission replacement at 3K miles, another TSB for tranny hesitation.

:thumbsup: 4cyl flare ftw.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
About this Discussion
61 Replies
35 Participants
MrObvious
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing