Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night, driving down Yonge St. after Leafs Victory, my Camry's check engine light came on and the overheating gauge was all the way at the top. Veryyyyy wierd, so I stopped the car and rested it but much later I tried turning it on and it would start, it would turn on then automatically shut off, the only way to get it started was to hit the gas.

The problem with the overheating had never happened but the other problem where the car wouldnt start has happened in the past. I was thinking it could be that not enough fuel is getting to the engine, hence when i slam the gas it starts up, but apprantly my fuel filter was changed recently and no fuel injector cleaner is needed. Next, I thought spark plugs but again, changed recently. What could be the problem? And should I change my antifreeze coolant?

Thanks Guy.

·
Gen 4 XLE v6
02 Toy Solara V6 MT
3,192 Posts
You already said u got the fuel filter & sparks changed...so thats out of the question (if it was installed well thats another issue).

Questions:
1. when was the last time throttle body was cleaned?
2. do u use fuel injector clear ever (if so when..... or after how many miles)
3. Yeah flushing your radiator would do you good......but have u ever replaced the thermostat &/or water pump (at what miles)...and what are you currently at..

I'm thinking the stalling to start and overheating are two independant issues (stalling could be throttle body and overheating could be temostat/waterpump)

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well i just put in some fuel injector cleaner and i drove it around a bit now and no overheating or anything so thats good. Must of been the situation i was in last night with the leafs winning and the horrible traffic. Thanks 4 ur info.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts