Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Camry LE
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Im thinking about upgrading my stock system, I have a 09' camry with complete stock audio. I did research on some infinity speakers. (idk why but i like infinity, i have two 12' subs atm). I was looking at going with the

amp

but im not sure if there ganna fit.
some say they do some say they dont.
I know for sure they can be if customized,

perfect 6.1 component for the front speakers
and the 693.9i for the rear.

your input in appreciated thank you.

:]

·
Registered
Camry
6,925 Posts
Have you actually listened to the speakers or know the difference between metal and silk tweeters? You might end up hating the Perfect 6.1 because of the metal tweeter.

What's the configuration of your subs? Will that amp be sufficient to drive them? I'm using 300W for a single sub.

Other speakers to look at...
Alpine SPX
Focal Polyglass, Focal Access
Arc Audio KS, XXD
Pioneer Premier TS-D720C

·
SLVRBLLT
83 Posts
since you plan on doing the front speakers 6.5" components. You'll need a 6x9 to 6.5" bracket (make it out of wood or abs plastic, fairly easy) and a spacer bracket so your magnet doesn't hit the the window arm..oh and some sound deadening is a plus as well. you'll love the difference it makes (if u haven't used it alrdy).

for 6x9s you may have to trim some excess plastic from the rear deck (the speaker "grille" area has a inch of "raised" plastic that you'll need to trim down) the magnet for the 6x9 is fairly big so it needs to be raised by the spacer a bit and sound deadened :) I hope that helps.

·
Low & Slow Cam
2009 Camry Le
2,754 Posts
they will fit with the speaker adapters, you can buy them off ebay. Thats where i got mine, i have 6.5" in the front and 6x9s in the back. I bought both adapters from the same guy. You should not have to trim anything in the back, because i fit 6x9s back there without a problem.

·
Registered
2009 Camry LE
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Have you actually listened to the speakers or know the difference between metal and silk tweeters? You might end up hating the Perfect 6.1 because of the metal tweeter.

What's the configuration of your subs? Will that amp be sufficient to drive them? I'm using 300W for a single sub.

Other speakers to look at...
Alpine SPX
Focal Polyglass, Focal Access
Arc Audio KS, XXD
Pioneer Premier TS-D720C

I have 2 12' Infinity REF1262W subs.

Power Handling, RMS: 300 Watts
Power Handling, Peak: 1200 Watts
Sensitivity: 96dB
Frequency Response: 23Hz - 400Hz
Impedance: 2 or 8 Ohms
Mounting Depth: 6-7/16" (314mm)
Cutout Diameter: 11-1/8" (282mm)

I honestly dont know which amps or set up would be best to
push the 4 speakers and the 2 subs. if you have any
suggestions on which amps i should use to power the speakers
and subs it would be great :]

and no I havent listened to the metal tweeters input?

·
Baby's got a new skirt
2007 Camry LE
2,333 Posts
For the subs, get a Class D monoblock amp. At least 1200 watts or more. You always want to overpower your subs.

Same with the 4 speakers only instead of monoblock, get a 4 channel. For the watts, you could get away with a 400w 4 channel amp and be fine.

·
SLVRBLLT
83 Posts
they will fit with the speaker adapters, you can buy them off ebay. Thats where i got mine, i have 6.5" in the front and 6x9s in the back. I bought both adapters from the same guy. You should not have to trim anything in the back, because i fit 6x9s back there without a problem.
wow that sucks for me then..lol i had to trim some plastic off from underneath the rear deck to make my speaker fit.. i have the JBL Power Series in there and them mofos needed to be raised

·
It's Official
16 Tundra, 14 RAV4,
8,848 Posts
in order to amp both subs, like the other post said- you will need a monoblock amp with at least 1000-1200 watts rms. and to amp the speakers also like said 400wx4 amp. with the component infinity's a mounting bracket to take a 6x9 to a 6 1/2 might come with the speakers. i have a set of alpine spx components and they came with those brackets. the speakers on your list sounds good (just make sure you like the metal tweeter sound) infinity gives a good sound. just pick a different amp for whatever your purpose is. if you want to both speakers and subs you will obviously need two different amps.

·
Registered
2009 Camry LE
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I don't think he picked an amp yet.

Infinity KAPPAONE 800 Watt Class-D Mono Subwoofer Amplifier - for the 2 subs

Infinity KAPPAFOUR 125W x 4 Full Range Class D Amplifier - for the 4 speakers

Infinity 6929I 330W (Peak) 6 x 9 -Inch Two-Way Speakers(Pair) - for the rear

Infinity 6-1/2 Component System (INFINITY PERFT6.1) - front

not sure about the perfect 6.1 yet.

I can buy the speaker bracket adapters from ebay so they can fit hopefully.

or should i go with something else

·
It's Official
16 Tundra, 14 RAV4,
8,848 Posts
yea that set up sounds good. the speakers might come with the adapters...i'd be willing to say i bet the components do come with the adapters. you should be good with that, definitely better than stock! haha

·
Registered
2009 Camry LE
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
yea that set up sounds good. the speakers might come with the adapters...i'd be willing to say i bet the components do come with the adapters. you should be good with that, definitely better than stock! haha

haha yea way better.
aright great. yeah idk hopefully they do come with it,
im buying the stuff from amazon. so im not 100% sure.

any advice on a good
faceplate / stereo??

·
It's Official
16 Tundra, 14 RAV4,
8,848 Posts
oh ok well you could always buy the adapters off ebay just in case. and headunit wise...definitely Alpine. what kind of car and year? do you have a single din or double din stereo? if you have a double din then i would get something like iXA-W404 it is touch screen and buttons to change channels/songs. i have this one and absolutely love it. around $500if you want to spend more money i would say the iXA-W407 is another good choice. this one is all touch screen. around $700. if you have a single din then iDA-X305s is a good one. around $350. the only thing about these three headunits is that they dont have a CD player, but they come with the iPod input thing. but you can buy an external CD changer for them if you listen to CDs still

·
It's Official
16 Tundra, 14 RAV4,
8,848 Posts
1 ohm is unstable though- i wouldnt ever go lower than 2 ohms. and yes the subs will be under powered with that amp but that choice is better than the first amp that was listed

·
SLVRBLLT
83 Posts
If you don't want navigation, the Pioneer 7" AVH-P4200DVD is a great indash. I have it installed in my car if you take a look at my cardomain link. I got it for under 500 on ebay.
nice unit.. i'd second it, well worth the price

blackcam..i noticed u have the "big 3" done..i havent checked your update thread, can u show me where exactly u did all the upgrades... the most problematic for me is the engine block to ground(i dont know where to do it, i guess i havent looked hard enough but i rather be safe than sorry)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.