Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. What are my options to protect the car? There’s a deep dip at the end of my driveway that’s too low for my Camry. Thanks.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Dang did you lower it?! That’s some massive dip!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2001 Camry
496 Posts
Yeah, driving it up at 45 degrees is probably your best bet. Don't really think there's another way to protect it. Alternatively, you could reverse up your driveway. I think the front is lower than the rear.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Yeah, driving it up at 45 degrees is probably your best bet. Don't really think there's another way to protect it. Alternatively, you could reverse up your driveway. I think the front is lower than the rear.
What? And then scrape driving back down?

·
Registered
08 Toyota Camry 2AZ-FE R9K Tuned
5,261 Posts
  • Take it slow and turn in then back out later
  • Back in then take it slow and turn out later

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
I back down a driveway that drops 10 feet and has two turns and a disaster if you go down the right side. Is it really that difficult to understand you pull in forwards and back out the opposite direction BACKWARDS. Now i doubt you have the problem going BACKWARDS but if so then leave with the front end at the same angle you entered 45 degrees.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
You assume he can turn around on his driveway??
Where did I post anything that made you assume that? Sure seems like a simple process being made overly complicated. Instead of driving straight up the driveway approach it at a 45 degree angle then get it straightened out after you pass the depression, do the opposite when leaving. The only ASSUMPTION is you know how to go backwards the opposite way you did frontwards.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts