Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I am new to this forum if its to much to ask I am trying to find info. on how to change the transmission fluid and solenoids out of a 1993 camry 4cyl. The car was giving me a flashing O/D so I got the haynes manual and read out the code its both solenoid 1 and 2 so I am trying to figure out before I get started the procedure to change the solenoid and the procedure to change the tranny fluid. The service manual only indicates disconnecting the wires but that's. This is probably stupid questions but just trying to be sure not to mess anything up. Any inputs will be greatly appreciated thanxs.

·
11,501 Posts
Hi: Not dumb questions. Change solenoids, you drop the pan, being careful not to spill the tranny fluid, disconnect the hoses/wires leading to the solenoid being sure to not how the hoses/wires connect and then pull out the solenoid. I'm not sure on the steps to change the tranny fluid.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Diff. Oil and Trans oil are they the SAME??

I found that in the Haynes catalog the transmission fluid is ATF Dexron II and for the differential is also ATF Dexron II so basically does the differential uses the same type of oil has does the transmission?

·
Banned
Car
417 Posts
I found that in the Haynes catalog the transmission fluid is ATF Dexron II and for the differential is also ATF Dexron II so basically does the differential uses the same type of oil has does the transmission?
yes, differential and transmission need the same fluid
also you can use DEX III

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks To all I already did a TRANS OIL CHANGE AND DIFFERENTIAL THE DIFFERENCE WAS HUGE THANKS ALL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts