Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of a shop that can work on a Gen 4 camry in Florida? Titan Motorsports in Orlando turned me down and referred me to Precision Turbo and Engine. Are they any good?
I am negotiating for a TRD supercharged Gen 4 right now. Whether that deal works out or I buy a stock model and have all the work done on it, I will be needing a good tuner with a dyno.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Wrong info, it was not PTE that I was referred to, it was another turbo shop in Orlando and I do not have the name with me. Will post tomorrow.

·
Pissed
Camry
665 Posts
I do not know of any tuner shops in florida really, but i think the best tuner is yourself, if you need a dyno, then just look around for a place with a dyno, and make an appointment to use it.
Or you could pay me to do it :) lol jk, Do you live in orlando? I live in Vero Beach on the east coast, i have a couple buddies that live in orlando going to ucf.

·
Toyota Nation Wanderer
67 Posts
There's Racing Zone, Street Dreams, All Version, and...something else I think. I don't remember.

·
Registered
102 Posts
What about the Tallahasse area?

I live in Tally, I am also interested in finding a decent tuner around here, any FSU car clubs meeting around here?

·
Mad Scientist
94 scepter coupe
3,959 Posts
drmotorhead you can tune your own car very easily what do you have? v6 or i4?

v6 supercharged on a gen 4 is straight forward
i4 turbo is also well established here on tn and many other boards 5sfte is what the turbo'd camry's motor is called

i live in broward if you were here i could have done a set up for you for a small price and if you allowed me to put an advertisement on your car...j/k i would only do it for a small fee

3,030 Posts
I know for sure there are good ones in Orlando, I just dont know the names of them. The guy that gave me an 5sfe said he has a hook up that can do crazy mods to that engine there. I can only say search Orlando

Edit: The owner of the Yellow SRT-4 from www.srvidz.com had his motor sent to Orlando through my boy and its been worked on heavily. It's beating Ferrari's

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I looked for a byp in miami and could not find anything. Do you know what byp stands for or do you have a link to their website?

·
Registered
27 Posts
What's up guys. I have a couple of companys to check on. I'm in St. Pete and I will check and get back to you on that. Any local meets in the near future. Drmotorhead, i'm just across the bay so maybe one day we can meet up a chat.

·
Registered
1988 Corolla SR-5
3,042 Posts
drmotorhead said:
I looked for a byp in miami and could not find anything. Do you know what byp stands for or do you have a link to their website?
Back Yard Productions.

http://www.back-yard-productions.com/

They do a lot of different cars but I think they are Toyota guys. They are good at shoe horning large engines into small cars, turbo mods and such the like.
If they can't help you, they should be able to point you in the right direction.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I found Cartek Tuning in Davie that is on my way to work. They had the goods there: chassis dyno, lots of engine and general maintenance work going on, and a parking lot full of tuned Jap cars. www.cartek-tuning.com
I am starting a new post to check them out.

The car is coming from VA in about two weeks. I will post an update. I will be doing a number of minor upgrades: fuel pump, intake, headers and cat back. Maybe injectors. Someone made a nice list for me on another posting of mine.

thanks

1 - 16 of 16 Posts