Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I’m looking at a fully loaded XSE V6 Camry and an Avalon XSE both new 2020s
The Camry seems to be coming out a little cheaper than the Avalon.
I do seem to notice the Avalon’s depreciate pretty rapidly. I’m not sure about the Camry but seems to hold its value a little better?

I want ride comfort and decent luxury which both seem to have. The Camry has more options on it but then Avalon I assume would have a nicer interior and smoother ride?
I don’t have access to be able to test drive either so it’s a little difficult to decide which one would be the best.
I like the look of the Avalon better but the Camry looks good as well. The Camry seems like it might be a little quicker as well.

I’ve had a lot of cars and sports cars so I’m kind of just looking for something more comfortable and luxurious rather than just super fast and not so comfortable which is what these two options seems like.

I like the Camry because it has pretty much every option available on it. If the Avalon had just as many options I would probably go for that one but the Camry just seems maybe too nice to pass up for the price.

Any help is appreciated!

·
Registered
204 Posts
I would go for the Avalon, more like a Lexus. All personal preference, as it would be hard to say which is better.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah seems to be a tough call but might be happier with the Avalon overall. I’m not sure. Somehow I have to find a way to test drive them.

·
straight cash homie
20,359 Posts
FYI, the Avalon XSE will be replaced next year by the "Nightshade Edition". IMO, I think the dealers will discount the Avalons more.

·
Registered
16 Posts
So I’m looking at a fully loaded XSE V6 Camry and an Avalon XSE both new 2020s
The Camry seems to be coming out a little cheaper than the Avalon.
I do seem to notice the Avalon’s depreciate pretty rapidly. I’m not sure about the Camry but seems to hold its value a little better?

I want ride comfort and decent luxury which both seem to have. The Camry has more options on it but then Avalon I assume would have a nicer interior and smoother ride?
I don’t have access to be able to test drive either so it’s a little difficult to decide which one would be the best.
I like the look of the Avalon better but the Camry looks good as well. The Camry seems like it might be a little quicker as well.

I’ve had a lot of cars and sports cars so I’m kind of just looking for something more comfortable and luxurious rather than just super fast and not so comfortable which is what these two options seems like.

I like the Camry because it has pretty much every option available on it. If the Avalon had just as many options I would probably go for that one but the Camry just seems maybe too nice to pass up for the price.

Any help is appreciated!
IMO the seats in the Camry are very uncomfortable Let me preface this with we have 2 cars, one for fun and performance and one for getting us from point a to point b.. I did't drive one but I did sit in it. Horrible seats we went with the Rav4 Hybrid just becasue it had the most "liveable" seat comfort.
You need to a least sit in both cars for a considerable time. I never gave seat comfort a thought until the wife and I drove our 2012 Camry Hybrid from Wisonsin to Los Angeles 4 years ago. I had owned this car for 4 years and put 100,000 miles on it prior to the cross country trip. I had never driven this car for more than 3 hours at a time and had no idea how uncomfortable on trips of any lenghth the seats really were. I thought I would never be able to stand up straight again after this 3 day trip. Now seat comfort is top priority above handling and performance on our "road"car. On the toy car, who cares it will never be driven over 3-4 hours at one time anyway.

·
Official PITA
Solara 'Vert & ES350
787 Posts
On Seats: Heavily researched and drove both the Avalons, and the Camrys. Avalon with the ventilated leather seats: lots of complaints about feeling the fan box under your bottom. A friend with the Avalon Hybrid, took his car to an upholstry shop, and had them add padding. Lots of complaints about uncomfortable seating in both cars.

Driving both, I noted that the center post (between frint & rear doors) was in the way when getting into the Avy, but not with the Camry, they located the Avy seats farther back.

In the end, I bought a low mile es350, very comfortable with lots of little luxuries.

·
Registered
16 Posts
On Seats: Heavily researched and drove both the Avalons, and the Camrys. Avalon with the ventilated leather seats: lots of complaints about feeling the fan box under your bottom. A friend with the Avalon Hybrid, took his car to an upholstry shop, and had them add padding. Lots of complaints about uncomfortable seating in both cars.

Driving both, I noted that the center post (between frint & rear doors) was in the way when getting into the Avy, but not with the Camry, they located the Avy seats farther back.

In the end, I bought a low mile es350, very comfortable with lots of little luxuries.
When I was in the market for my "fun" car I was thinking the Camry XSE v6 and the Accord EX-L 2.0. The Camry's seats were actually worse than my 2012 Camry XLE Hybrid. That swayed me to the Accord. More comfortable seat by a lot. I can actually drive the Accord 5 hours and still be able to walk when I get out of the car. I will admit they are for the most part a bit uncomfortable at least they don't inflict pain. I worked for a bodyshop in high school in the mid 70's and my boss took me with him to get a new Mercedes. He quite literally sat in the Mercedes for 2 minutes and shot out of it complaining the seats felt like a buckboard. We then drove to the Lincoln dealer and he left with a new Mark. This is what "new" midstream car seats have become, buckboards with leather trim.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yeah seems to be a tough call but might be happier with the Avalon overall. I’m not sure. Somehow I have to find a way to test drive them.
A friend in Seattle really needs a new car. Up this last week the dealerships won't let him test drive a car. Not just 1 dealer but 3 of them. Buick, Honda and Toyota. This guy is a business owner himself with spotless credit and plans on paying cash. I understand they need to be careful and with COVID I get them not wanting to be in a car with an unknown salesman/customer. But seriously why cant they run his credit and determine that he could do a test drive. They told him he could drive around the lot but seriously.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts