Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. 1995 camry (maybe) could have another camry engine (possibly)
Removing radiator cap fill casting and strange hose attatched up under intake manifold with a nasty spring clip. Does not go under and through. I must repair or replace this part...anyone veen art this stage before? I will keep trying to undo the clamp with needlenose pliers but what about the reverse? I may take off the shroud next to the casting, between it and the expansion tank...but there wiill still be an obstruction. Ut has been suggested to me I no linger have a 95 engine...parts are somewhat of a atruggle to order. Please advise and thank you.

·
Super Moderator
12,698 Posts
Is the hose fairly large?... Like over 1 inch diameter? That's the "Coolant Bypass Hose". It's a good idea to replace that. But in your case, it's a lot more work, because it requires removing the intake plenum and the intake manifold underneath that.

But I'm not sure you'll be able to get that bypass hose disconnected from the water outlet casting without taking all that off anyway?

·
Super Moderator
12,698 Posts
Oh, and here's a DIY with pics showing how to get at that bypass hose. There's a bunch of other stuff covered that you may not need to do.

Here's a pic from there showing the hose:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts