Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Troops I final figured out the Apple play feature. I plugged my phone in but I can not access YouTube. Am I supposed to be able to see the app on my screen or no. Also I can’t see my pictures not Important but I thought the Apple play was a mirror image. I have a iPhone 7 Plus and it’s updated. Please help me out if you can!

·
Registered
2014 Highlander
512 Posts
Apple CarPlay is designed to help you communicate and navigate easier and in a less distracted manner than using your phone by itself. It is not intended to reproduce all of your apps on your car's infotainment screen. CarPlay includes Apple Maps and Google Maps because it makes driving easier. It does not include YouTube because that would make driving more dangerous. It's the same reason you can't get Candy Crush or Angry Birds on CarPlay.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Hey Troops I final figured out the Apple play feature. I plugged my phone in but I can not access YouTube. Am I supposed to be able to see the app on my screen or no. Also I can’t see my pictures not Important but I thought the Apple play was a mirror image. I have a iPhone 7 Plus and it’s updated. Please help me out if you can!
I wouldn`t advise you to do it, but, with a jail broken Iphone and CarBridge you can port virtually any AppStore application on CarPlay.

Jail broken iPhones should come with a big privacy/security concern to you.
Modifying they way your car functions comes with liability for you and possible danger for others around you. Do that responsibly.

·
Registered
12 Posts
In CA where I live it’s illegal to have a moving picture in the front of the car. It makes sense for Apple/Toyota to restrict and approve specific apps for legal reasons. You can however still listen to audio on YouTube. I do this all the time to listen to standup comedy on YouTube during my commute since I rarely need to see the comic perform in order to enjoy the jokes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts