Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Camry & Sequoia
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, everyone. I went to the car wash today and ran into a scary issue: all my doors were locked with the keys inside and truck running! With the truck running in Neutral on the car wash conveyor belt, all doors somehow locked. The car wash attendant drove the truck onto the conveyor belt, but I noticed he turned on the Hazard light before hopping out of the truck. I've taken the truck to this car wash and a few other car washes in the past and never, ever ran into this issue.

To my surprise, the car wash attendant had an air pump wedge to make space in the door wedge, then use a coat hanger to hit the lock switch to unlock the doors within 2 minutes. There was only one vehicle behind me lol. But those few minutes were definitely nerve racking since I didn't have the spare key with me and I was an hour away from home.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it impossible to lock all doors while the driver's door is open AND while the truck is running? Does anyone think the Hazard light may have had something to do with it? I was thinking even if the attendant locked the driver's door by manually pushing the inside lock knob, wouldn't the other doors have stayed unlocked? To add insult to injury, the attendant had the nerve to say it happened because the Sequoia was old... Anyway, if anyone has any ideas let me know. Thanks.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Does it have an aftermarket alarm/remote starter? Ours has done that a couple times, and it had the remote start/alarm from a PO. Last weekend I finally took the time to remove all that crap and repair the harness. Now it behaves like it should.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Camry & Sequoia
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does it have an aftermarket alarm/remote starter? Ours has done that a couple times, and it had the remote start/alarm from a PO. Last weekend I finally took the time to remove all that crap and repair the harness. Now it behaves like it should.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk
Nah, no aftermarket alarm or remote starter, just the factory system.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.