Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
The Camburger
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, for sometime i have been hearing noises coming from - or at least sounding like its coming from the front suspension. Since it wasn't done at a professional shop i thought maybe we missed something.
Long story short, took it to a suspension/tire shop, they said it was the engine mounts. so now that they have been replaced the noise still there. took to another shop they dont know either. Took to toyota, they said everyhting is fine. Only the non-toyota shops even admitted to even hearing the noise.

List of replaced parts so far.
-strut /spring / mounts
-stabilizer links
-3 engine mounts

running out of parts to replace and its bugging me:mad:
the best way to describe the noise is when i hit a bump (even small ones) the suspension sounds like it clicks when the pressure is relieved from it.

·
96 3MZ M/T
Camry
2,879 Posts
are you sure everything is tight??? when i changed the struts in my sisters car i didnt fully tighten up the nut on the strut and that made it make little clicky noises.

·
The Camburger
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yup. The first thing i did was pull out the ole haynes manual and torqued it to the specs in there with my trusty torque wrench.:D

·
The Camburger
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well the shop has had it for 3 days now and the dude is getting furious. He wants to keep the car so he can figure it out. Hes really taking it personally. :lol: he tore off the entire suspension and said everything is in perfect condition. He wants to dissassemble the rack and pinion next and see if that has anything to do with this mystery noise.
Does anyone have suggestions??
please...

On a side note; could you sqeeze gen3 v6 or gen3 wagon lowering springs on a i4 or would they not work at all. Because Im starting to think that the spring may have something to do with it even though the box said 92-96 i4 camry

·
Diablo
05 Altima SER+93 Cam
353 Posts
Could be strut mounts.. I had my struts changed and I still hear clicky noises when I go over rough roads..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts