Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 1998 3 door Toyota Corolla I want to put electric windows in this as it has wind down windows in it at the moment.
We have also got a scrap 1999 Toyota Corolla with all the electric windows in it.
I was wondering if it's easy to do as I've got the central locking to work but not any power to the window's.
They work perfectly in the scrap one thankyou in advance

·
Registered
01 Avalon XL, 03 Avalon XL
1,460 Posts
Hi, and welcome to TN.

Right now, you're in a forum for the venerable and incredibly fine Gen1 Avalon. You'll find better answers in the forum for your Corollas: toyotanation.com/forums/corolla-8th-generation-1998-2002.131/ (Corollas are also fine -- long-running, well-designed vehicles -- I didn't mean any sort of slur there).

Good luck on your mod. The motors and the mechanicals should be the same, assuming Toyota used the same door innards for both the powered and the manual windows, but the switch and power wiring is going to be a challenge.

·
Administrator
14,386 Posts
Thread moved to the appropriate forum, where you’ll be more likely to get some help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've got a 1998 3 door Toyota Corolla I want to put electric windows in this as it has wind down windows in it at the moment.
We have also got a scrap 1999 Toyota Corolla with all the electric windows in it.
I was wondering if it's easy to do as I've got the central locking to work but not any power to the window's.
They work perfectly in the scrap one thankyou in advance

·
Administrator
マズダスピード3
16,238 Posts
Did you try installing the integration relay from the scrap car? That's where I'd start. It would also help to get the wiring diagram for the power window circuit.

It should be a direct swap. Unless your vehicle is missing a few pins in the wire harness.

Best to compare the 2 harnesses.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.