Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone please help me out with some info. I'm new to the forum and just became a first time Corolla owner. Here's my problem though. While making some much needed improvements to my new ride, I purchased a set of white face gauges and a new bezel, but I received no install instructions. I like to do all my own work, and for the most part I have the knowledge to do so. I'm really at a loss here though, and I could really use some detailed help if anyone has the info and few moments to reply. Thanks ahead of time.....Brandon

·
Registered
6 Posts
i have a 93 corolla and i did it my self it pretty easy. first u take apart your whole cluster and unplug the whole thing from the back. next take ur new white face guages and slide them over the old ones but i would suggest putting superglue on the old faces so the new guages dont move. run the wires out and away and the bezel will cover them up. run the wires over to the left and on that conditioner duct it comes out easy make ur connections there and from behind and put the red wire to ur fuse box down by the pedals it on the left and put it to ur tail lights so wen u turn on ur lights they also turn on and put the black wire to ur cars body in the engine compartment to do this there is a hole in the fire wall close to the steering wheel colum and a hole in this its easy because its rubber. next just mount the color switch anywhere in the inside u want

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for all the info....just two quick questions if you can??? How hard is it to get the gauge cluster out...did you have to remove dash trim, steering column cover, etc......and do you just fit the new gauges over the top of the old ones by threading the needles through the hole in the center of new faces or remove the needle. Thanks again for your help. -Brandon

·
Registered
6 Posts
u have to remove the whole cluster off and disconnect it from the back and you also have to thread the needle through the new guages but be very careful not to snap them

1 - 5 of 5 Posts