Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
camry v6 xle
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well ive been working forever on my system and just when it started to work fine it went back to shit in less than a minute. heres the problems
1. i can hear feedback such as my cd spinning and such through my subwoofer
2. even with the radio off it is still present
3. i had a previous whine from the amp itself but then i realized i blew the amp.....:-(
i currently have a new terminal with 4 gauge wire with a 150a anl fuse under the hood, which runs through the cabin to my capacitor 5 farad which hooks up to my amp. i have the neg screwed right above that to bare sanded down metal that i did myself and then to the amp.

from my head unit i have all the wires connected to the wire harness. i redid them again today just incase i fucked up the first time.

from there i have the neg from the head unit and wiring harness bolted to a screw on the frame.

i have my remote wire hooked up to the remote wire on the harness

i unpluged everything and only had it so the amp was on, just the amp not other wires were plugged up and there was still feedback.

the rca cables run on the opposite side of the car and arent pinched and ive used 2 seperate rca wires to test this.

i believe everytihing is correct however im still hearing stuff. the onlything i could think of is that the factory wires are interfiering with the systems now.

i have a 94 camry v6 xle and it had a facotry amp under the passenger seat that i took out already.

·
It's Soo Hoo like Yoo Hoo
3,220 Posts
what exactly do you mean by feedback? do you mean alternator whine? speaker noise? crackling?

you said you unplugged everything so only the amp was hooked up. Did you disconnect the RCA's also to see if the noise went away?

what equipment do you have? supply us with some more info please.

·
Registered
camry v6 xle
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its crackinngs and popings and stops if i take out the rcas.

i have a pioneer 3900mp
kickerxs100 amp
3 ma audio ma120g6 subs
4 gauge wireing alltroughout
scosche 500farad cap
150a anl fuse

however that amp is blown and im using another walmart brand amp and its doing the same stuff

·
3,220 Posts
ok i had a similar problem with my head unit. Long story short, it was blown ground traces. Try this:

there should be a metal ring somewhere on your headunit. take a piece of wire(small gauge is fine 14-16). strip it and wrap it around any part of the metal casing of the headunit. now take the other end that is stripped and place it on the metal part of your RCA plug(not the inner middle prong!). If the noise goes away then voila, there is your solution. To fix this i recommend bringing it to an electronics technician(they would need to solder new ground traces). I dont think its worth it for you though, unless you are under warranty. You can just secure the wires that i just stated above and leave it like that, but there will be no protection whatsoever if you ground out your RCA's again. Try it out, let me know if it works.

·
Registered
camry v6 xle
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea i ran 14 gauge wire and it made it go away like you said, i think ill leave it like it is thank you VERY much :) :) you have no idea how muchof a headache this damn thing is coming to be thanks bro:D

ok i had a similar problem with my head unit. Long story short, it was blown ground traces. Try this:

there should be a metal ring somewhere on your headunit. take a piece of wire(small gauge is fine 14-16). strip it and wrap it around any part of the metal casing of the headunit. now take the other end that is stripped and place it on the metal part of your RCA plug(not the inner middle prong!). If the noise goes away then voila, there is your solution. To fix this i recommend bringing it to an electronics technician(they would need to solder new ground traces). I dont think its worth it for you though, unless you are under warranty. You can just secure the wires that i just stated above and leave it like that, but there will be no protection whatsoever if you ground out your RCA's again. Try it out, let me know if it works.

·
3,220 Posts
yea i ran 14 gauge wire and it made it go away like you said, i think ill leave it like it is thank you VERY much :) :) you have no idea how muchof a headache this damn thing is coming to be thanks bro:D
just be careful when working around your equipment. dont let the middle prong on your RCA's touch metal. this is what caused the problem.

im glad i could help. i wouldnt want anyone else having to go through the months of troubleshooting and a temporary switch back to my old HU.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts