Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I'm having an issue with my 2020 Toyota Camry SE. Whenever I open the trunk, it opens super fast and almost shoots up before it stops all the way up. I've included a picture of what seems to be the issue as it seems something isn't connected. I'd like to order a replacement, but if someone could help me with the name or link I would be super appreciative. Thanks in advance !

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive design Bumper

·
Registered
06 Toyota Camry XLE, 16 Corolla S
1,169 Posts
So I'm having an issue with my 2020 Toyota Camry SE. Whenever I open the trunk, it opens super fast and almost shoots up before it stops all the way up. I've included a picture of what seems to be the issue as it seems something isn't connected. I'd like to order a replacement, but if someone could help me with the name or link I would be super appreciative. Thanks in advance !

View attachment 360975

There should be an attachment point near where it ends. Well within a probably 4 or 5" radius. It looks like a stud with a ball bearing on the end.

Something like this but you will only see the round part.
Household hardware Auto part Metal Fashion accessory Fastener

·
Registered
06 Toyota Camry XLE, 16 Corolla S
1,169 Posts
As you can see in post #4 above, you need to insert the strut back through the hole in the carpet wall liner, and re-attach it to this stud if possible. Hopefully nothing is actually broken, and it just slipped off.

View attachment 361004
Thanks for the clarification.

I couldn't tell buy your other pic where it goes without the arrow. Eyes are not that good anymore and your pics won't zoom.

·
Mr. Roo
Super Moderator
11,406 Posts
Thanks for the clarification.

I couldn't tell buy your other pic where it goes without the arrow. Eyes are not that good anymore and your pics won't zoom.
Ah whoops, I meant to be replying back to the first original post! What you said is already perfect, I had nothing to add to it haha. Yeah the picture posted is small

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
As you can see in post #4 above, you need to insert the strut back through the hole in the carpet wall liner, and re-attach it to this stud if possible. Hopefully nothing is actually broken, and it just slipped off.

View attachment 361004
So the long strut should reattach there correct? The only issue is I believe both ends are solid so I'm not sure how it would re attach?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That is where it should be attached at. Mine is a 2019, but should be the same.. I would think.. View attachment 360988
I think I might be missing that black part at the end of the strut. If you take a look at the picture I attached, it's just the strut with metal at the end and no way to attach to the point where yours is. Any idea what that black part might be called?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
This is the end that is detached from the trunk mount, somehow.
View attachment 361013
Deck lid lift support # 64530-06010.
Just found the part and probably going to place the order. The hole at the end is where the screw tightens into right? I have no idea how mine lost its cover on top and is completely bare but I guess it happens.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts