Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've been searching for about an hr through the threads trying to find an answer to my question.......I want to buy the biggest rims possible for my 07 Camry SE V6 without having to change my suspension or lowering the car for the summer time. And change back to my factory 17's in the winter time. I want 20's but I'm afraid that it will mess up my suspension and might grind when I hit a pot hole (philly is infamous for their pot holes). I want black rims to match with my black Camry. I'm trying to stay away from a chrome lip because I was told that the black eventually chips away. I'm also looking for some lightweight rims. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks.

·
Here and there...
Camry 07
5,838 Posts
07SEV6 said:
I've been searching for about an hr through the threads trying to find an answer to my question.......I want to buy the biggest rims possible for my 07 Camry SE V6 without having to change my suspension or lowering the car for the summer time. And change back to my factory 17's in the winter time. I want 20's but I'm afraid that it will mess up my suspension and might grind when I hit a pot hole (philly is infamous for their pot holes). I want black rims to match with my black Camry. I'm trying to stay away from a chrome lip because I was told that the black eventually chips away. I'm also looking for some lightweight rims. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks.
Here is the link http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2439085 to a black Camry from a member name KnightRider 07. His black Camry is HOT with black rims. (and you have an option to go Chrome whenever you feel like it, just simple take off the black caps)

·
Registered
830 Posts
not sure how much this will help but tire rack was expensive for the type of wheels i was looking for but i heard of another site called wheelmax.com . all ya gotta do is input ur car info and it'll give you all the wheels they got. plus tires. i got my 17"s and 4 hankook tires with a 1yr road hazard warranty on both wheels and tires for 987$. That's including shipping. They got some SICK stuff on there. check it out. could get you some ideas. i can't recommend certain rims just cuz i dont know but this way you can find something that you like.

·
Registered
Camry SE
167 Posts
If your looking at gettin lightwieght rims your lookin at the wrong size buddy 20" lightweight no way wont be lightweight anymore. Most lightweight rims stop at 18" you may find some at 19" but the style slims out and not much of a selection. If you want a good selection of lightweight rims stay at 18" rims. Lowering the car either way might have to be done if you want to close up the fender to tire gap. just my 2 cents.

Here are some good rep companies for Lightweight if your still lookin for them..

Gram lights or Rays Engineering
Enkie
Volk

Those were the companies im lookin at.

·
Under Reconstruction
4,349 Posts
greycam07 said:
If your looking at gettin lightwieght rims your lookin at the wrong size buddy 20" lightweight no way wont be lightweight anymore. Most lightweight rims stop at 18" you may find some at 19" but the style slims out and not much of a selection. If you want a good selection of lightweight rims stay at 18" rims. Lowering the car either way might have to be done if you want to close up the fender to tire gap. just my 2 cents.

Here are some good rep companies for Lightweight if your still lookin for them..

Gram lights or Rays Engineering
Enkie
Volk

Those were the companies im lookin at.
Don't forget to look into SSR.

·
crazydesiforever
07 Blue Camry
260 Posts
Those Gianelle's V5 are sooooo nioce
I wanna get a set for my blue gen 6 but cant find a place to buy
em at a good price with the black caps.....anyone got suggestions???
I like the fact that they are interchangeable between chrome nd black!!!!

·
07 Killa Cam sittin on 19
96 Posts
I doubt 20s will rub man when you hit a pot hole. I have seen four different people put 22s on their 07. I got 19" on mine, and they look mini, but I also have bags on my car, so they look big when i slam them it to the ground. But 20 still kinda look small. 22s Fill up the wheel weilds real nice. If you really worried about pot holes, u may want to go with like 19 with a 40 series tire or like an 18 with a 45 series tire. But 20s or 22 will look real nice. I dont know if they make 21s but u could possible do that also if they make them. Just if their is alot of pot holes u might want to get 20s or 22s, because i dont know a tire company that carrys stocks 21s tires, if they even make em. Its also going to be hard to find something that looks real good, and is Light weight.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I don't know about weight, but these are a steal.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/18-inch-TRD-Toyota-Camry-Solara-Avalon-MR2-Wheels-Rims_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ43958QQihZ006QQitemZ160072546792QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

I got the same in one of their auctions for $410 shipped (for 4 wheels)!! Brand new, unopened TRD boxes. They look alot like the wheels above installed on KnightRider 07's car but I have yet to determine if I can get the caps to go on the TRD wheels or not. I work at a Toyota dealer and from them they would have cost over $500 for each wheel!

·
2007 Black XLE V6 Camry
422 Posts
I like the stock Lexus 18" rims...that might be my b-day gift to myself..unless i come across something better. I hate Chrome style rims...too shiney and heavy..

·
Under Reconstruction
4,349 Posts
smilepak said:
I like the stock Lexus 18" rims...that might be my b-day gift to myself..unless i come across something better. I hate Chrome style rims...too shiney and heavy..
Which Lexus model are you referring to?

·
Under Reconstruction
4,349 Posts
drjames said:
Are you sure wheels off a RWD lexus will fit a FWD toyota?
If you are referring to a staggered setup, you're going to create more undsteer in your car. For FWD application the wider wheels should be upfront. This allows increase grip at the front and allow more rotation of the rear since FWD cars have horrible understeer already. RWD cars run a staggered setup to inhibit oversteer. If you are going to run staggered on a FWD car, you are not going to be able to turn well at all, especially if your driving wheels have a smaller contact patch than your rear wheels.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts