Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1993 Camry SE,V6-5MT
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am looking for a part that was never sold in the US, JPN, UK or AUS, only in the LHD European market. Been looking for a salvage yard in Europe who might have it, but am having a terrible time because every time I try to search all I seem to get are US based yards who deal in European built cars (no use to me).

My hope is that someone who comes here, knows of a good yard in Europe and can steer me towards them!

thx,
Norm

PS: what I am looking for is a LH outer mirror from a Gen 3 Camry ('92~'96), folding, convex glass, heated glass.

·
Registered
1995 T100 2WD & 1993 MR2
4,672 Posts
Change your search to a specific country, I.E, Car salvage yards U.K
Europe and European is to broad. I found several under that search.
Also you can get the part number using your VIN here if you don't already have it. ToyoDIY.com
I didn't know the specifics of your car but found European delivered LHD mirrors still available from Toyota Japan, about a 20 day delivery time to the US.

·
Premium Member
1993 Camry SE,V6-5MT
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hi SDS,
I will try searching by country and see if that helps me find a Toyota specific salvage yard in them, thx.

Regarding VIN number, mine is a US destination, so that number wouldn't be of any help. The good thing is I've already got the part number for the RH and LH parts of this spec, and have searched using it with every international new Toyota parts source I could find. Eventually I did find a warehouse in Emirates (UAE) with some, I bought what they had. Regarding ToyoDIY showing it available, many suppliers like that will still show NLA parts like these as "available", but after ordering them, after some time has past they refund the money and say, "sorry" (that was the result when I tried getting it through that very site last summer).

The good thing is that I already have 1 pair of brand new ones (bought from that warehouse in UAE) that are now installed on my restoration project, and then decided I ought to have a backup pair, so I bought the last remaining part the UAE source had (a RH one) and am now looking for a good, used LH one to complete my "future proofing", so that if anything were to happen to either of them over the next 30 years of driving this car I'll be all set! (its stupid, I know, to buy parts when I already have a set, but those mirrors are part of what had made this car so appealing to me all of these years, I'd installed a pair of them shortly after buying the car new, back in the early/mid '90s, but those original Euro spec ones I'd bought then, are in pretty sorry shape now and not much use for anything more).

·
Registered
184 Posts
If it's any help, this is from my vin, it is LHD JP build 1994 folding heated mirror.

Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1993 Camry SE,V6-5MT
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
The part numbers for the mirrors (LHD, folding, heated glass, convex glass on both sides) are:
87910-33080 RH side
87940-33080 LH side

Salvage yards don't use part numbers, most of the time, just the description: Outside mirror, '92~'96, LHD, heated (5 wires going to a 5 pin wire connector).

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
I don't think thats a Toy PN, its got to be ten digits as in XXXXX-XXXXX, usually with a -XX to designate trim color, for example:
87910-33530-A0 SUPER WHITE 2, 040 1 € 335.58
87910-33530-B0 SILVER ME., 1C8 1 € 335.58

If you can get a real PN you might be able to find all models that had it at Toyodiy.com part cross ref engine:

sadly it won't do wild card or partial searches

·
Premium Member
1993 Camry SE,V6-5MT
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I typed too many 3's! Post #7 is now corrected.

because they never sold the Gen3 in the color black, in Europe, I don't care what color it is, because I'll have to disassemble it and paint it anyway, so I don't want to limit my search to only one color

I guess I should have stated that at the beginning, sorry about that.

Like I said earlier, I've already searched (and I did search under all of the color options), on those various new parts sites, for new parts, extensively last summer, and as far as I can tell, have fully exhausted the stock of remaining new ones in the world. So, am looking for a European salvage yard with a good used one now.

·
Premium Member
1993 Camry SE,V6-5MT
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
kacar and sdsspeed, thank you for that "Toyota-parts.eu" website, today I sent an inquiry to them, just to see what they say. Last year they might not have been one of the sources I had reached out to.

tedmich, thank you for catching my typo.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts