Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
99 Toyota Camry v6
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hi TN,

I recently took my car for an alignment (I have lifetime alignment w. Firestone), and the person who did the alignment test drove my car before and after.

After he finished the alignment work, he told me that the alignment is done, but I am afraid that the bushing's inside my rack (of the streering) is all worn out, and it doesn't matter how much I align, it's going to go off as soon as I drive off. Even after alignment, he said there's a pull to the left when he test drove . I have a picture of the part that I need to replace here (and highlighted the part). Is it possible to just obtain that part (the bushings), and maybe the bushings inside the tie-rods too? I asked him if it's the tie rods that are bad, and he said no, the tie rods are fine, it's only the bushings inside the rack that needs replaced (he was a toyota mechanic). I went to Toyota Dealership to buy this part and they said I have to buy the entire rack and pinion (everything in the picture below) for $1210 (which is outrageous?! :disappoin). I thought perhaps one of you guys can help me so that I can sleep better :sleep:. Thanks! (My car is a Gen4 Camry 99 model)

Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
99 Toyota Camry v6
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank-you so much @71Corolla,

I didn't know i could buy the whole thing under $300. Just one question, I checked Rockauto also, and I found the following listing available :

A new one (AAE) is only $148 but a re-manufactured one from ACDELCO is about $244. Which one from that listing should I buy? Obviously I'd like to buy the best if I can... I am just not sure which one to pick from my choices. Or should I get the Mavel one?

Can you help? Thank-you so much!

·
Registered
Camry, Vibe, Venture
574 Posts
I purchased mine tru rockauto AEE brand i believe,,,brand new not reman,no core for 148
It would be helpful if you could include how how long it has been installed and have you been pleased with the fit and performance?

I am going to have to replace my unit in the near future...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts