Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1994 Toyota Camry
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just took it out and I don't really feel like putting it back on, and it only keeps dust in there.

Can I leave it out?

·
Premium Member
96 Camry Coupe
1,291 Posts
Not unless you have a cone type filter to replace it with. If I am correct, the lower portion has the inlet to the intake tubing not to mention supporting the drop in filter.

·
Guitars and Cars
2001 Corolla S
3,350 Posts
It's OK but you need to tape your filter to the top of the airbox or else it might fall out and then you are wide open. I know a guy that runs an open airbox with the filter securely duct-taped in and it works fine.

5Sfte: The bottom has the intake from the resonator and the snorkle, and the top goes to the throttle body.

·
Premium Member
96 Camry Coupe
1,291 Posts
Chris Corolla S said:
It's OK but you need to tape your filter to the top of the airbox or else it might fall out and then you are wide open. I know a guy that runs an open airbox with the filter securely duct-taped in and it works fine.

5Sfte: The bottom has the intake from the resonator and the snorkle, and the top goes to the throttle body.
It's been a while since I had to deal with that box. Sorry about the misinformation.

·
That Geeky Star Wars Girl
674 Posts
^ even better would be to DIY a CAI to actually get some small hp benefits...

with the setup you have now i would think you would have lost some hp with that cone end sucking in nothing but HOT engine air....cool air = power

Keri

·
Registered
1994 Toyota Camry
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ripley's99 said:
^ even better would be to DIY a CAI to actually get some small hp benefits...

with the setup you have now i would think you would have lost some hp with that cone end sucking in nothing but HOT engine air....cool air = power

Keri
No $$.

·
back again? yeah, i am.
1992 Toyota Camry
1,493 Posts
you need to to extend your intake...makin a cai would be a more worth while thing to do:thumbup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts