Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I own a 2000 Camry. My car stereo which came with the car is not too bad except a couple minor problems. I enjoy cassette tapes as well as CDs. Whenever a cassette tape is auto reversed, the sound changes weird: not smooth any more with some clicking noise. One more thing: The cover of the cassette leading gate(?) was detached long time ago. Because of this forum, I have been courageous about fixing problems of my car. Do you guys think I can fix these problems, too? Am I too brave? With your help, I might be able to do it. First of all, I think I need to know how to detach the car stereo from the main board. Please teach and help me! Thanks.

·
Advanced Noob
2003 Highlander
1,023 Posts
seriously, they still make those? i remember when i used to make mix tapes and bump MC Hammer.

anyways,
have you tried using that cassette head cleaner stuff? it also may have to be demagnetized.
either way, more likely, you wont really need to open that bad boy up to take care of it.
better yet, oren, dont you have an extra deck you can sell him?
:thumbup:
good luck with that, i guess it couldnt hurt to take it apart to take a look around. dunno about the Gen4s, but my guess is you'd need to take the trim off first to get to the screws for the deck.

·
Got SQ?
780 Posts
yeah my 8 track does the same thing, even when I hit a bump on the road...:p:

If your car is still under warranty take it in.

·
Registered
is300
94 Posts
my cd receiver has the same problem. it sometimes stops playing and makes this weird noise that sounds as if its stuck on something. at first i had to hit the face plate in the middle once and it plays again... now.....i had to hit it harder and over 3 times in order for it to work. it happens like every 15 mins or so espcially when i go over a bump. any ideas how to fix it?

kenwood x959 receiver. 97 camry le.

Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts