Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is a dumb newbie question. I am looking to buy a Scion tc within few weeks. is price on Scion negotiable in general? if it is NOT negotiable, is there any difference which dealer I purchase the car from?

sorry if this question has been asked already.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I did read the post on here: http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/t40707.html

but it wasn't very clear on the pricing, I do understand that since tc is a new model, it would be next to impossible to haggle on pricing.

my question is more of general pricing question, is it fix pricing? although Saturn is so called "fixed pricing", you actually can get better deal with differenct dealership.

do Scion charge "surcharges" on high demand model?

thanks.
 

·
There is no substitute.
Joined
·
8,027 Posts
I think it's a hard time to negotiate the price on the tC given it just came out less than a week ago. Won't be suprised if it's backordered in most dealerships.

Law of demand and supply applies here.

I would suggest you wait at least 6 months since it's introduced as a 2005 model.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
110 Posts
You cannot haggle on a Scion, you will pay the same price for one today that you would in a year it is called "pure pricing". However, look out for "Documentation Fees". These are set by the dealer, and can vary from $35 to over $600. Check the dealers web site, or call around and they should give you a direct amount for the documentation fee.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
Same thing goes for trading in a vehicle when buying a Scion. They have to go strictly by black book prices, so you're much better off selling to a private party, or going someplace like CarMax & taking the check... I've seen Scion sales people recommend that actually :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
I just bought a TC. I bought a Celica GTS about 2 weeks before, and they couldn't even give me a loyalty incentive. I didn't get much for my trade-in either. But I guess it's good, considering they only make like 300 bucks on the car. What you get for the money is unbelievable. I paid about 200 in processing fees, so it wasn't that bad.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
35 Posts
multarnc said:
I just bought a TC. I bought a Celica GTS about 2 weeks before, and they couldn't even give me a loyalty incentive. I didn't get much for my trade-in either. But I guess it's good, considering they only make like 300 bucks on the car. What you get for the money is unbelievable. I paid about 200 in processing fees, so it wasn't that bad.
I doubt they only make $300 on each car:eek: When I sold cars for Nissan I use to say the same thing! The best way to find out what the dealer paid is to ask them for the invoice price sheet. Oh and don't forget to ask them about a little thing called "hold back" it's extra money that they will never tell you about. I always feel that a fair deal is to offer them $500 over invoice if you' re not one to haggle.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
I bought a Scion TC a few weeks ago and I paid the sticker price. They call it "pure pricing". Everyone I talk to who has bought a TC has paid the sticker price also.
 

·
The Greatest
Joined
·
3,830 Posts
Everything you wanna know should be in here but if you have any additional questions talk to TRDcamry2003. He is a scion dealer and he can answer any other questions you may have.
 

·
Rated H: Chikan Sukebe
02 Vitz
Joined
·
1,363 Posts
All tCs, will cost the same no matter what dealer you go to anywhere in the US. As some mentioned it is called "Pure Pricing" and it has been in Japan for a while now with the WiLL models and some others, while in some parts of Canada Toyota of Canada does sales certain models on an regional Average.

You will not be able to talk the price down on any Scion unless it is a used one (Yes I have seen some used xBs and Xas). Toyota really isn't making much off of the Scions because:
1) The US Gov is shafting them on import fees and duties and such since all Scions are made in Japan.
2) The only extra things you are paying for is stuff like rims up to 19s and optional stuff like subs, mood lighting and other stuff to custimse the car to your liking
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
You can not haggle on scion tc pricing

I just bought a scion tc about 8 days ago and I am a car salesman. The price of the scion tc is not really negotiable however the amount of money given for the trade can be worked with. My 2003 Honda Civic trade was kelly blue booked at about 10,500 dollars and I got 12,000 bucks for it from toyota.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Sportivo Concepts said:
All tCs, will cost the same no matter what dealer you go to anywhere in the US. As some mentioned it is called "Pure Pricing" and it has been in Japan for a while now with the WiLL models and some others, while in some parts of Canada Toyota of Canada does sales certain models on an regional Average.

You will not be able to talk the price down on any Scion unless it is a used one (Yes I have seen some used xBs and Xas). Toyota really isn't making much off of the Scions because:
1) The US Gov is shafting them on import fees and duties and such since all Scions are made in Japan.
2) The only extra things you are paying for is stuff like rims up to 19s and optional stuff like subs, mood lighting and other stuff to custimse the car to your liking
Scion tC is 100% made in Japan? Wow, that's better than the Lexus 430! LS430 is 95% Japan.
 

·
VIP
95 MR2
Joined
·
154 Posts
Scions prices can be haggled on. It all depends on the dealer also. "Pure pricing" is the term every scion dealer uses. If you are a good closer and make a very fair offer then they will give in. Scion will not make good sales if they dont budge a little on their sticker prices.

I bought my Corolla XRS months ago and weeks after it first came out. Sticker was 20k and got it out the door for less than 18k including tax
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23 Posts
ScionicXTC said:
Same thing goes for trading in a vehicle when buying a Scion. They have to go strictly by black book prices, so you're much better off selling to a private party, or going someplace like CarMax & taking the check... I've seen Scion sales people recommend that actually :)
That's not really true. I believe they have to stick to the price the trade in guy sets. But, if you let them know what you need to make the deal BEFORE the trade in guy assesses your car you have a chance. I know for sure because I was offered 1600 at stealership A and then went down the road, let them know I needed 4K before they even looked at it and got 4K for it from dealership B.

They can't let the car out the door for less than sticker or scion corp will ding them. They can, as mentioned above rape you on "documentation fees". Shop around on that, could save you hundreds. And if a stealer says "that's a state set fee" what he's really saying is that they are charging the maximum allowed by law. Clever, eh?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Pure pricing is like saturns approach for easier car buying, you see the sticker price and the potions with the car, you pay that price. No dealer mark up and such and such.

the only "discount" you may get is form a Student discount if you graduated and your school is on the qualified list for 500 off the sticker
 

·
心用户 (Noob)
Joined
·
66 Posts
Actually each dealer has different pricing, but here's the catch.... the dealer if they raise the price, they have to sell every car with that price! I recommend looking at other Scion Dealers.

For example, I went to a Toyota dealer in Seattle and their price was $350USD higher than the dealer 75 mi away. Of course, I went I-5 South bound and looked at several Toyota dealerships before I made my final purchase.
 

·
Registered
1995 Avalon XLS
Joined
·
180 Posts
Firesquare said:
Pure pricing is like saturns approach for easier car buying, you see the sticker price and the potions with the car, you pay that price. No dealer mark up and such and such.

the only "discount" you may get is form a Student discount if you graduated and your school is on the qualified list for 500 off the sticker
dont forget the good old active-military discount....which depending on the dealership and model is between $500-$1200
 
1 - 20 of 57 Posts
Top