Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Rawr!
1988 Corolla Sedan
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm guessing this is just a bracket for some unknown thing that was in my car before, or something that was never installed...I don't know.

I'm anal for cleanliness and am working diligently on my engine bay (this was taken before I started cleaning! :rolleyes:) and don't want to keep this ugly rusted chunk of what looks like crap hangin' out in my bay.

I've looked and felt as best I can to see if it's supporting anything important underneath, but would like an informed opinion (maybe what it's there for!)

Thanks!

·
'Rolla NiNJa
corolla 1990
156 Posts
it looks like it is just a mounting for something, since you don't see a purpose for it- try removing it you will be able to tell if its holding something in place when you begin to remove it, although im not that familiar with the 5th gen corolla's- just an opinion, not advice:disappoin

·
Rawr!
1988 Corolla Sedan
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it looks like it is just a mounting for something, since you don't see a purpose for it- try removing it you will be able to tell if its holding something in place when you begin to remove it, although im not that familiar with the 5th gen corolla's- just an opinion, not advice:disappoin
5th gen? :confused: I thought an '88 made it a 6th gen! :ugh3:

Lol 'speed bracket'!

Just wanted to see if anyone knew what this rusted ass do-hickey was. I'm probably just being paranoid, but wanted to make sure first. Thanks!

·
Registered
93 Posts
its not stock, not that i have ever seen before, if its not holding something in place and you dont need it to hold something in place, then go ahead and remove it

·
Corolla Lover
Toyota Corolla LE 90
976 Posts
its for holding the diagnostic port.....and on this car right now the diagnostic port is between the fuse box and the body due to ghetto state of the car from what i can see

and YES ITS STOCK

every 6th gen corolla have one, its just not easily visible

·
Registered
93 Posts
i see, sorry for the confusing info aHarmony, i also have a bracket for the diagnostics but mine is smaller and attached vertically on the inner fender

1 - 9 of 9 Posts