Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd really like to upgrade my current screen and firmware/software for the nav and radio system but still keep the knobs as I find they are so much easier to deal with without taking my eyes off the road. Is there any kind of screen that will fit in the present screen that would have Carplay using the present tuning knobs?

·
Registered
12 Posts
don't replace genuine screen to china garbage,you will lose most system information, china devices have very bad hands free sound quality and a lot of other bugs...i put analog of yatour(15$) for usb /mp3 playback and that's enough.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was thinking of replacing the AUX input with an AUX/USB input but not sure I can do that on a 2008 Highlander Hybrid as a USB charger would need a power source and not sure if the 2008 system could even deal with a USB source. I looked around for an AUX/USB input to replace the current AUX input on the dashboard but I don't see anything for my particular vehicle. I'd even take a dedicated USB charging port if that was all I could get.

·
Registered
12 Posts
you can't replace aux to aux/usb on genuine radio.You can if you want ?but in 2008 hihy radio there is no usb out and there is no bluetooth music play only hands free.this radio Genuine can't do this.but if you put 2011 and higher radio - yeah that radio have usb and bluetooth music...they look same...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought a Bluetooth reciever off eBay, and I run it through the aux. Turns off and on with the car 12v, works perfectly.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts