Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi!
I wanted to check my OCV to see if it was dirty. But when I took it off, I quicktly realized it was broken into 2 pieces!

Problem now : I cant put it back the way it was. The head is really loose, and motor stall if I start it. If I unplug it, I get a p0010 check engine, but engine seems to idle fine.

I ordered a new OCV, but it wont arrive before wenesday.

Can I use my car with a OCV unplug for a few days?

Regards

·
Registered
8 Posts
I recently had an issue where my drive belt broke while I was on the highway. All hell broke loose and every warning light seemed to spring to life. Later that day I took it up to Autozone and found it had a couple Check Engine Light codes, one of them being the P1349 (indicates a problem with the VVT circuit).

I drove it around for a few days but I could definitely tell a problem with acceleration, it seemed sluggish and a little jerky sometimes. If I were you I would retire it for a few days until you get that part in. I was able to change out that VVT/OCV solenoid over the weekend and I can tell a night and day difference. The acceleration is very quick and the engine seems to enjoy it.

By the way, when I went to take out my old one I broke it too. Terrified me for a couple minutes until I was able to get the other part out with a pair of pliers, lol! Let us know how it goes!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here are my conclusions :

1) after reading on other web sites, most people say it is fine to run with OCV unplug. ECM should know how to handle that. But I can't give you a better explanation or a link on that...
2) I read about how the OCV works, and because mine is broken, I'm a bit concern that oil can leak from there when motor get hotter.

So I decided to don't use my car until I get the piece. Public transit saved me ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.