Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, this may be a stupid question but in the event that the Hybrid battery fails, can the Pirus be driven on gas engine only? Thank-you

·
Registered
9 Posts
no. at least that is my experience so far with a 2012 prius that i bought from my daughter who lives in phoenix arizona. seems the big battery died at 98060 miles. car won't even crank over. just shows " check hybrid system. stop the vehicle in a safe place. " frustrating. honestly thought it would last much longer. at least it is a 'safe place' after a bit more tinkering i will have it towed to san berdo toy dealer. hopefully the remedy is simple. i miss the great gas mileage. :crying:

·
Registered
1 Posts
no. at least that is my experience so far with a 2012 prius that i bought from my daughter who lives in phoenix arizona. seems the big battery died at 98060 miles. car won't even crank over. just shows " check hybrid system. stop the vehicle in a safe place. " frustrating. honestly thought it would last much longer. at least it is a 'safe place' after a bit more tinkering i will have it towed to san berdo toy dealer. hopefully the remedy is simple. i miss the great gas mileage. :crying:
Even if it isn't a simple remedy, isn't that still (barely) under the hybrid drive-train warranty? Should be 8 years, 100000 miles if I remember correctly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts