Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
back again? yeah, i am.
1992 Toyota Camry
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yes...i finally got the courage to have my catback done...and let me tell you...wow....now, this is somewhat of a long story so bear with me...i call the muffler shop up this morning and ask if i can come in...the guy previously estimated the price (stainless steel) at 400-420...well...that was really aluminized...now..i kno what ur thinkin "he paid way too much"...and i did...the total, after taxes ended up being 502 and some cents....the muffler i originally planned to use on the catback was a magnaflow oval with 4 inch long tip...scratch that...it wouldnt fit so i had to pay an extra 30$ to buy a longer tipped muffler from the shop instead of going to the dealer where i bought my original muffler....so i said "fine" cus i had a dental appointmet tom. and had no way of gettin to Bethlehem some 100 miles away....so...he calls me up around 3:00 and says its ready...after spending a while in traffic we finnaly arrived at the shop to find the cleanest looking muffler imaginable...everything was great til i found out how much it was to cost (which really didnt change anything because i was so happy)...so...you figure they charge 80$ by the hour (3 hours) the resonator, the muffler (120$)and the pipe, and taxes...so...i guess for a pro job like that....its cool...

but lets talk about the sound....ooooooooooooooooooo....it is so deep when you drive like an old person (keep it under 3000 rpm) i cant begin to explain how deep this sounds...there is one draw back to the sound, it begins to get intermitantly ricey after 3500 rpm...but i usually dont go that fast unless im racing anyway...i have felt a slight increase in power, but i havent exactly floored it on open road to see what exactly i gained...i know what ur thinkin right now...where are the pics...well im waitin til tommorow to take em cus after i drive to return the original muffler im gonna give my baby a nice deep clean...then you can see all that it has to offer:lol:

·
back again? yeah, i am.
1992 Toyota Camry
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
were talkin like one bee in a can ricey....i still got a magnaflow, basically the same model but with a longer tip and its slanted

·
Registered
470 Posts
Got my exhaust done friday, but i only paid 140(instalation for stainless steel pipes(2.25) from headers, no resonator and 80 bucks for the pipe. I'll be going back for the resonator later on, because this shit is loud, but i still like it, cause it gets alot of attention.. Oh yeah, the muffler is a Bomz 4.5 tip, straight cut...

·
back again? yeah, i am.
1992 Toyota Camry
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
^no...:lol: the place where i got the muffler is in bethlehem...my dentist is right next to me...how do you get sound clips if my digital camera cant record sound?

·
getn groceries in style
1,095 Posts
getting the resonator will definitely help... dude for 500 bucks you should not have ANY rice sound at all!!! :disappoin you want it to sound best when you are flooring it anyway, right??

on the other hand, im sure he did a real clean job, cant wait to see pics. please also include a shot of the piping underneath the car! and you definitely paid the big bucks for materials with the aluminized stainless, but that exhaust setup should outlive the car man!

jon

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.