Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ummm i been searching the net and all but im still puzzled. What exactly does a radar detector do. i though it would detect when a nerby cop was coming near your car but all i read is that it is used against just laser/radio speed measurement guns used by cops....so whats the deal here, can someone clarify, i was thinking of buying one because i though they would tell me when a cop was coming near me so i could do a 'quick get away'...especially useful for mexico, i hate cops in mexico

·
Premium Member
5,005 Posts
what kind of ilegal activites are u into??.....:disappoin

radar detectors are designed to warn u if u are entering a radar (SPEED) trap....not to tell you if cops are coming your way...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
just your basic speeding activities i guess, well, im not buying that crap then cause i never race in the US, too dam cheap, and in mexico cops are too poor to buy radar detectors, except in tijuana and i hate tj, so i guess thats 100 back in my pocket :), thanks any way

·
A Poor College Student
1994 Camry Sedan LE
354 Posts
When a radar is aimed at your car, the detector is designed to detect it, and alert you of its type and strength. Like my beltronis, for example. If a cop has his K-band radar on, it tells me it detects K band and displays its signal strength, which I can use to guess his distance.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm sure I got caught - for the first time - this week with some dumb ass cop peering out of the back of his van with a speed camera :hammer:

Very rare I miss them but he was well hidden behind a telecom truck, that sucks!!!!!!!

Waiting for the bill in the post :(

Anyway, an example of such a system (in the UK, although probably availabele in the US) is 'Road angel' here are some details...

http://www.pocketgps.co.uk/roadangel.php

http://www.boysstuff.co.uk/product.asp?id=11942

;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts