Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
My T100, work in progress
96 T100
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok here is the start of my questions... First off can anyone tell me how much difference there is to the frame between a tundra and a t100? I have been looking for a couple items but dont know what I actually need for my t100. I have looked at brushguards but dont really care for the Rhino one (only good one I see for the 100) and/or I have been looking at plows. Other item is the bumpers. I want a real rugged bumper but there isnt one out there for the t100 so I was wondering if the big rugged one for the tundra will fit. Maybe would like to put on a pipe bumper like I had on my 82 4x4 toy. that would be nice but cant find to bolt on. I just dont know how much they changed the frame size. Does anyone know if the frames stayed the same?

Second, I bought new headlights for the truck and found I need to remove the grille to change the lights. so I bought a new grill while I was going to have it torn apart. Toyota cant seem to find the clips for the grill so can anyone tell me where I could get them? I am sure I will break one or 2 (if not more) when I remove them. once I figure how they come out.

Third, How bout comarison for fender flares. are the tundra the same as my 100? I cant believe the black fenderflares (bushwackers) are $300-500. tundra ones are pennies compared.

Just for info sake.... I have a 96 T100 4x4 Extracab.

·
1998 T100 SR5 2WD
14,485 Posts
YotaTech Bumper thread... ;)

No...the frame between the Tundra and T-100 aren't even close. Since the T-100 was basically a N. America market truck only, aftermarket parts weren't developed in numbers like the other trucks.

The dealership should have the clips, part number 90904-67021...about $1.00 each and there are 11 of them.

Item Number MSRP Core Price Price
9090467021 $1.44 $0.00 $1.08
Grille - Grille and components - Grille - Clip
Clip 1993 - 1998
www.toyotapartsales.com

You might find a pair of fender flares on eBay or Craigslist fer cheap...you just gotta look out fer them...but no...the Tundra ones won't fit. :(

BTW...what are you gonna do with yer old headlights? I'll pay fer shipping if yer throwing them out. :D

·
Registered
238 Posts
Bam is spot on - the frames are completely different. The t100 is a lot wider than the Tundra.

I looked into plows a few years ago, and if I remember correctly (this seems like Bam territory, since he owns both an old and new T100), the frame is different up front between pre95 and post 95 T100s. The only production plow bracket I was able to find was for the pre95 T100s, though I did buy a tailgate off of a guy who had a mount for a homesteader made for his 97 T100.

If you want both a plow mount and a front bumper, you might look for a way to combine the two needs. If you're having a welding shop modifying a tundra / other bumper, I recon they could weld up a plow mount well at it. Or have someone who can make a bumper do the whole thing. Bam referenced kenmtnac.com in another thread.

·
1998 T100 SR5 2WD
14,485 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts