Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Found this name
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when its extended with the radio on. My aerial used to stick until i used a little wd40 and some force, now it works but i dont think it extends all the way although it wont budge when i try and extend it any further.

The radio doesnt seem to be very clear, a slight background fuzz on stations that should be crystal clear so i think there is room for it to extend more.

:thumbup:

·
Registered
6,141 Posts
If you are talking about the electric antenna, you can get a replacement mast for around $15 at Pep Boys for the 92-96 Camry. It's an easy replacement. Just unscrew the retaining nut (the round one with the 2 slots) from the mast area. A needle nose pliers or a retaining ring pliers works well for this. Then turn on the radio or better yet have someone inside the car turn it on while you are back at the mast area. The mast will extend all the way out of the car. All you have to do is be there to catch it and note which direction the geared teeth on the white pigtail are facing. Now reinsert the new mast with the teeth facing the same direction. Have the person in the car turn off the radio and the mast will be drawn in and all the way down. Now you just screw the round retaining nut back on.

You can also use the removal procedure to see if your mast is opening up to it's maximum height. Just remove it from the car and then you can extend it all the way by hand. Don't try to extend it manually while it is in the car. You will just break the nylon teeth.

Mike

1 - 2 of 2 Posts