Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
1991 3SFE Toyota Camry
1991 Toyota Camry
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i'm almost finished my car project ( was performace mainly but have done most of that ) all i want to do now i central locking and electric windows, the central locking will be easy enough to install, just wondering about electric windows... can you buy kits for this ? or must you get them install professionally ?? any help would be appriciated.

regards Marty.

·
Going to rainforest, BRB
2014 Tacoma 4x4 RC
1,550 Posts
Marty, I would think that the easiest way to get power windows would be to find one in a junkyard (you guys refer to them as "wreckers" I think?) with power windows, and get everything you need. I think you can get aftermarket power lock kits, but if you find one with power windows, you'll more than likely also have power locks.

·
1991 3SFE Toyota Camry
1991 Toyota Camry
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thats a great idea home, but i wouldn't be sure if i would get all the parts needed at a wreckers/ junkyard ( lol we do call them wreckers here, thought everybody called junkyards wreckers ) i was more looking into a kit, like atobe has shown. thanks to both. hey atobe ever installed one of these/ or had experiance with them ? easy to do ? thanks heaps for the link regards Marty.

·
Going to rainforest, BRB
2014 Tacoma 4x4 RC
1,550 Posts
Hey that's a pretty decent looking kit! Didn't know you could get anything like that. :)

·
Pochacco Owns Me
3,123 Posts
i never installed power windows in my car yet... i only did power locks.. but i plan to in the future that's why i know about those kits

·
1991 3SFE Toyota Camry
1991 Toyota Camry
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Pochacco Owns Me
3,123 Posts
ok i don't know how much 230$ in AUS is but lets compare it this way... i got an alarm for 60$ and i got it installed and converted 2 front doors to power locks for another 130$(labor + parts + install of the alarm).. just get an alarm because they'll do your keyless entry also and u get an alarm for almost the same price.... you should check out a local car audio/alarm place they usually do the isntall for free if you buy the alarm from them and just have them convert it to power locks they should have the parts also.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts