Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a write up with pics on where everything is since i did expanding foam in my trunk. I need to remove the rear bumper to fix some rattling issues.

·
Toyota Addict
2018 Camry XSE
752 Posts
I need a write up with pics on where everything is since i did expanding foam in my trunk. I need to remove the rear bumper to fix some rattling issues.
I sent in a request form to alldata earlier, but I guess they were closed today. So they should get back to me on monday with exact directions to R&R the rear bumper.

It appears as though you need to remove the screws on each side where the bumper and quarter panel come together, the 2 bolts hidden behind the deck lid (right by the tail lights), and 2 or maybe 4 clips around the bottom. Then it will probably just take a slight pull where the bumper and quarter come together. I don't believe the tail lights need to come out.

EDIT: PS What size are your GTis?

I have 3 infinity Kappa Perfect 10 DVQs with a JBLGTO 12001 amp. I dynamated everything in the trunk, decklid, rear packing shelf, C Pillars, and successfully got rid of most of my noise. I found that a piece of masking tape around where the gaslid hooks closed and a piece of dynamat in the middle of the gaslid successfully killed that rattle. Also for my license plate I dynamated the entire thing and then ran 3M double sided automotive tape around the edge of it and that silenced it.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I sent in a request form to alldata earlier, but I guess they were closed today. So they should get back to me on monday with exact directions to R&R the rear bumper.

It appears as though you need to remove the screws on each side where the bumper and quarter panel come together, the 2 bolts hidden behind the deck lid (right by the tail lights), and 2 or maybe 4 clips around the bottom. Then it will probably just take a slight pull where the bumper and quarter come together. I don't believe the tail lights need to come out.

EDIT: PS What size are your GTis?

I have 3 infinity Kappa Perfect 10 DVQs with a JBLGTO 12001 amp. I dynamated everything in the trunk, decklid, rear packing shelf, C Pillars, and successfully got rid of most of my noise. I found that a piece of masking tape around where the gaslid hooks closed and a piece of dynamat in the middle of the gaslid successfully killed that rattle. Also for my license plate I dynamated the entire thing and then ran 3M double sided automotive tape around the edge of it and that silenced it.
there 12's I only have one in there now to continue to isolate rattles.

Thie biggest noise problem I have and still have a lil bit is when I had to take the hea dliner down and had to matt up above the sat antenna it rattles like crazy there I might be taking it down again and reinforcing it some more.

·
Toyota Addict
2018 Camry XSE
752 Posts
Note: If you find this helpful please use the thanks button under this post.

any updates
Mods may want to sticky this at the top!

REMOVAL

1. Remove the 3 screws and rear quarter panel mudguard.
Use the same procedure for the RH side and LH side.

2. Put protective tape around the rear bumper assembly.
3. Remove the 6 clips and 2 bolts.

4. Disengage the 16 claws and remove the rear bumper
assembly.
5.REMOVE REAR BUMPER ASSEMBLY

Note: The claws should disengage by simply pulling outwards on the bumper cover

Edit: Reverse procedure for reinstall!

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
to clintj...

would you be kind enuf to post a similar one for the front bumper? please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks in advance!!!

·
Registered
96 Posts
I will be installing rear fogs (or those LEDs in bumper reflector housing) in 2 months with a detailed bumper removal video. Too cold to do it right now lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts