Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Guess whos back
2000 VW golf
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like it states.....When i run my car harder then normal it gets really really hott and the fan never kicks on or it kicks on for like 2 secs then off i just to make a switch or something so when i am not running it i can leave the fan on....also when i go to the track help cool my engine down faster! so i mean its got to pluses if you can!

·
Guess whos back
2000 VW golf
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are working fine....So i can have a switch up to them??? i don't want to mess with my cooling that much i wanna make sure it will work...Like wicked said....how would do this??

·
Guess whos back
2000 VW golf
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is this going to mess with my check engine light??

·
Guess whos back
2000 VW golf
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
<3 thanx guys!! I will keep updated i am going to try right now...where is the temp though lol???

·
Guess whos back
2000 VW golf
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK i hook it up!!!! it work like a champ.....Just Cut the white wire (not both like i did) run a wire from each end of the the white ones into a switch.....After this test it!!! If you have AC don't worrie it still works with it even if you don't turn it on it will work same as it usaly does!!!!

Only Question i have its it hard on the Radiator???

·
Grenaded piston
6,523 Posts
CamryWhat? said:
Only Question i have its it hard on the Radiator???
I don't see why it would be. All your doing is bypassing the sensor with a switch, so that the fans stay on (when the switch is on).

·
Guess whos back
2000 VW golf
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got ya man i have been runing with it over the weekend and it seems to have cooled it down pretty well actually...I am no longer at the halfway point all the time...so i am happy

·
Guess whos back
2000 VW golf
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah i mean when i thought of doing it i was running my car against a Civic EX and it was a fair race (i won!!!!! go camry...on the track**) When i poped my hood to let it cool off it was so hott and my fans did come on so its an awesome mod if you race a lot!!

·
Zzzz
Camry
2,255 Posts
I think I'm just going to buy the adjustable fan switch from flex-a-lite, although the mod seems like a cheap way to get the same effect.

I guess big projects start small. Initially I changed the the thermostat to replace a potentially bad one, so I went with a low-temp one (170f), now I'm considering getting an adjustable fan switch for my radiator fans to keep it even colder. I might have longer warm-ups, but I'm sure the extra cooling under the hood should help things out quite a bit.

Now I'm even considering getting a faster, lower-draw radiator fan, I've heard you can gain some power from them. :)

·
Guess whos back
2000 VW golf
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well cooling is one of the bigger projexts that people over look....I mean with speed you also need cooling....I would get a Flex-A-Lite they are sweet bigger fans and stuff on them....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts