Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting different answers from support at an online parts place. Part of the store saying that since my Corolla is assembled in Canada (per the 1st character in vin is a "2") the part they sell wont be proper fitment. Even though Canada built is considered North American production. Lady on phone spoke to guy back in "parts" and he told her that this is true / no trouble. As long as that 1st character in the vin wasn't a "J" for Japan assembled, no problem.

After they sell me the part and shipment is on the way, I get another email from customer service stating that since my vehicle was Canada built and not built in US, fitment wont be correct. I don't understand whats goin on here.

I've looked at several pictures of the part, its an outer tie rod end, and the only difference I can tell in ALL of them, from several different manufacturers, is that the Japan produced part has longer shaft than the others used in the North American assembled. Again, Canada built is considered North American built.

AM I dealing with people who don't know how to read vin codes and just plain incompetence, or am I the problem here ?

·
1995 T100 2WD & 1993 MR2
4,829 Posts
Use this site with your VIN. I just used the word "Tie" in the search box. See if the part numbers are what they offered. Consider going with a 3rd party supplier.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts