Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Black 2006 DC LB
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings to all my fellow Canadian Tacoma owners and modders. I've just joined the ranks; picked up a minty black '06 doublecab with the SR5 package.

I'm looking for commentary and recommendations on vendors that ship to Canada, and by "ship to canada" I mean NOT via UPS or any of the other problematic cross-border freight companies.

What I've found thus far:

ToyTec
Ships via USPS (reference)

AutoPartsWay

Free Shipping over $75, ships within Canada (no duty)

For you Southern Albertans:
HRT Offroad
in Okotoks

I have not personally dealt with either of these companies I'm just going on what I've dug up on TN.

Please post vendors that ship to Canada, and of course any experiences you've had with them.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I have bought and shipped quite a bit of truck crap out of the states and I would say that the problem is more to do with the person filling out paperwork rather than the actual service.

I recently bought from Sonny @ Downsouth motorsports he shipped USPS and that was fine

For a big company I've always found Summit to be good

and UPS can be fine too as long as stuff is filled out right. I had some 885 coils shipped from another member on here and that was fine as well

·
TRD-J
09 Dbl Cab TRD Sport
422 Posts
I have done much searching as well, there is very limited sources, especially if you are looking for TRD gear.

I have used autopartsway a few times and found them to be great, reasonable pricing, extremely fast shipping, thanks to being located domestically. I just got a Flowmaster 40 Series for my truck for $109 CAD (that is taxes and shipping included). Closest I could come anywhere else was over $150 just for the muffler alone.

I will never order anything from the U.S. that uses UPS has the courier, it is brutal, which I am sure you are aware of since you made reference in your initial post. The best courier I have found for going cross border is USPS, fees, duties and customs seem to much lower than anyone else.

So, AutoPartsWay is great, low prices, fast and free shipping but their products can be limited. Hope that helps a bit.

·
Registered
Toyota Tacoma
90 Posts
Welcome aboard... I thought I should give Action Van & Truck World a mention. They have a number of stores in Atlantic Canada and Ontario. Their website is www.vanandtruckworld.com . I've never dealt with them personally, but have used their online catalogs when I've been looking for accessories for my Tacoma. My neighbour works for a truck sales company and deals with the same suppliers as Action Truck, so the catalogs were super helpful.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Canadian online retailer is

National 4WD Centre
http://www.national4wd.com/index.php

They sell quite a few items plus the whole All-Pro catalogue.

Our members get a discount through National 4WD locally.

·
Registered
'08 Double Cab
41 Posts
I live in Vancouver. Last week I was quoted $540 CAD for 4X Bilstein 5100's at National 4WD. Not exactly a steal.

If you live in the lower mainland, try using http://www.tsbshipping.com/services.htm for $8 bucks you can use their US address then drive down to Port Roberts to pick it up. Sonny from DownSouth Motorsports will ship for free in the US. So 4X Billies will set you back about $350CAD plus travel.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Toytec Cart
Name: Front Adj. Bilstein Shocks (05-09 Taco/FJ/03-09 4Run)
SKU: C475
Price: $199.99
Quantity / Update: 1
Subtotal: $199.99

Name: 1 1/2" Lift rear add-a-leaf for Tacoma with rear TSB springs
SKU: TAC-AL-TSB
Price: $79.99
Quantity / Update: 1

Subtotal: $279.98
Total: $279.98

Sooooooo tempted to hit the submit button. :headbang:

·
Registered
Black 2006 DC LB
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow, great response!

Toytec adjustable coilovers + AAL is definitely in my future... just can't justify replacing perfectly good stock suspension components on my '06 SR5 (no TSB) yet... Haven't been hauling or towing much so I don't notice any sagging or bottoming-out.

Weathertech Liners are also on my must have list before next winter. Been considering some seat covers as well, as I'm used to owning leather and dont trust myself with a coffee around these cloth seats...

I am feeling great about buying pre-owned, the first owner was clearly an enthusiast, and added a lot of great features like fog lights, brush bar w/ driving lights, tonneau cover, popnlock tailgate, tint, etc...

·
Registered
37 Posts
another kudo for autopartsway.ca. I have ordered many times from them, great prices especially on Nippon oil filters, I buy in bulk to get the free shipping.

Another online retailer I've dealt with is hottexhaust.com shipping out of woodbridge ontario I believe, I got my Magnaflow cat-back through them, good pricing and in US dollars.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I've gotten stuff shipped from Wheeler's Offroad before. They were pretty good.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am very happy with the liners I bought from AutoPartsWay. They are quality material, durable and fit perfect in my car. I accidentally ordered the wrong color and they exchanged my order with no hassle. Very friendly customer service!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
i buy my parts from autopartsway.ca as well. they are the best luv their prices and shipping time is great and im really enjoying free shipping they are awesu,

·
'09 DC LB Sport+Leather
208 Posts
I get my parts shipped to Montana and pick them up

national4WD never game me a good deal yet.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have used Autopartsway.ca many times now and I must say that shippeg was way too quick and prices are also reaosn able. Highly recommended. Thanks Autopartsway.ca

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yesterday morning I ordered brake pads for my Corolla and and I got them today. Autopartsway.ca they are awesum. Their shipping is lighting fast.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts