Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
how to get to defrost damper

1993 Camry

The air location is stuck at combination of floor/defrost. The switch is fine and I can hear a motor run when I turn the switch to try to get air out of dash vents.

My Haynes repair manual does not even mention an air control motor much less show a picture of where it is.

Where is the motor and how do I get to it?

The air conditioner cannot cool the car with the air coming out at floor and windshield.

·
Registered
210 Posts
i had a simliar problem, except my middle air vents wouldnt pump out air...it would only do it every so often. it ended up that the button to choose which airflow you want was fried, and every once in a while a spark would hit and it would turn on....

i dunno if that helps...but u might wanna get that checked out.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
air damper -- how to get to it

1993 Camry, 4 cyl, auto

The air location is stuck at combination of floor/defrost. The switch is fine and I can hear a motor run when I turn the switch to try to get air out of dash vents. I believe that the air damper is in a bind. How do I get to the air damper? It appears that most of the lower dash and console must be removed to get to it. Has anyone here done this before or have any drawings or instructions?

My Haynes repair manual does not even mention the air control motor or damper -- much less show a picture of where it is.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
getting to defroster damper

I have disconnected the servo motor that moves the dampers. It appears that the defrost damper is stuck.

After about 12 hours removing rear console half, front console half, radio, lower dash, center dash, and several ducts; I still cannot even see the defrost damper. It looks like the entire dash must be removed to get to it.

I would rather take a beating but I don't know anyone who would swap a beating for all the work.

Anyone have any diagrams showing how to remove dash? My Haynes manual is useless for this work.

·
Registered
1993 Camry LE
172 Posts
Sorry to be a little discouraging here DOUG but I had the same issue a month ago. No one really helped out. The Haynes manual is crap. It's so general that it barely has any useful information when there is a serious problem. If you do find any useful info, please post here as the non-working a/c drive us Miami folks crazy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts