Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Camry LE
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I for the life of me can't seem to find a rim that I like for my 2006 Camry. I really like the look of the BBS but don't wan't to spend that kind of money. Anyone have some good suggestions? My paint is the Phantom Grey Pearl. Here's a pic I've been Photoshopping with different wheels. These are a SSC brand carried by of all places Sears!

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Well, it also depends on your budget. I can suggest JAZ wheels for those that are on a budget.

I am a Wheel Snob, so only higher end and multi-piece for me, so I saved up a long ass time to get my wheels back in '02.

Let us know what your budget is and I will see if I can point to you in the right direction.

·
Camry Under Construction
668 Posts
i'm not into those rims but def. go w/ 18's if you got a little bit of money ummm i would talk to camrypunk b/c he's been on the camry scene for a while

·
HID/Retrofit Expert
2002 Camry LE
4,305 Posts
I'm on 17s with a 215/50R17 tire. Thats only .12% off of stock speedo calibration, so there's virtually no change in the speedo reading.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I shop for wheels more by weight than by looks, but here are the ones I am looking at:

These are forged, under 1k for a set of four and ridiculously light.
http://www.6061forged.com/store/Product.aspx?pid=2
looks like they powder coat for free

from tire rack
Kazera KZ-S17x7
$129
under 19lbs

kosei K1TS

$199 and 14.1 lbs
javascript:changeWheels(12,0);

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
spyman said:
Lowered properly those rims should look nice. Maybe get them in a gun metal.
Gunmetal is "out" now. Yes yes, I know I have gunmetal wheels but I got my Volks back in 02.

Anyways, I would stay with Silver... ALWAYS a classic.

·
Registered
2006 Camry LE
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Which one of these 3 would work with my car? Would I need to get some spacers?

1) 17 x 7 +40mm 4-100mm/4.5"
2) 17 x 7 +40mm 5-100/115mm
3) 17 x 7 +40mm 5-4.25/4.5"

·
Needs To Speed
1994 Camry
296 Posts
if you dont already know, you can go to www.tirerack.com and you can choose your make and model and it shows how different rims look on your car. i think its all about what you think looks good, not what other people think. your the one paying for the god damn thing not the critics.

·
kor-ro-ra?
97 Corolla 1.8L 5spd
3,288 Posts
I like you second choice, btw about the gunmetal or silver go with your gut. (if your a diva that worries about in and out things then gunmetal isn't for you lol)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts