Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone, I'm working on a head gasket replacement. I was taking off the water inlet when I noticed this guy

just hanging out down there. I haven't removed anything electrical in that area. The engine worked fine before I brought it in to my garage, and it hasn't thrown any codes. My Tach would occasionally not work, and about a year ago stopped working altogether. Could this be the wire that goes to the sensor for the tach? I can't think of what else it could be for.

Thanks!

·
1998 T100 SR5 2WD
13,603 Posts
Tachometer should be working off the ECU... ;)

Seeing that it's all gunked up like that...I don't think it was connected in the beginning. There are multiple connectors that are used on other models that may not be used in yer model. What color are the wires? That would help...

Specs on yer car would be helpful...engine size, year, trim level, auto/manual transmission, etc... :D

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tachometer should be working off the ECU... ;)

Seeing that it's all gunked up like that...I don't think it was connected in the beginning. There are multiple connectors that are used on other models that may not be used in yer model. What color are the wires? That would help...

Specs on yer car would be helpful...engine size, year, trim level, auto/manual transmission, etc... :D
Sorry about that- It is a v6 with a 3vz-fe, 1993, XLE (fully loaded ASFAIK), auto.

·
TN USER
93 Camry V6 SE
132 Posts
Its just there hanging. Same with mine when i noticed first. Wondered what it was for.:lol: What BamZipPow pretty much said clears it up. :thumbsup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts