Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
pull the hood release and reach behind it with your other hand and there should be a cable there. pull that cable and that'll open the hood. then try reattaching the cable to the back of the hood release latch.

·
92 Camry 5S-FE
485 Posts
Have you tried getting someone to lift up on the hood while you pull the lever? Sometimes it just sticks a little. Also try pushing down on the hood while someone pulls the lever.

·
Registered
5,344 Posts
Try knocking the hood with your fist in the drivers side corner while you pull the lever. It works on my sisters altima.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have this problem also, I take a small triangular block of wood (doorstop) and gently beat it into place above driver's side headlight with my palm till it doesn't go in anymore (haha, pretty gentle..) then I pull hood latch and hood opens.

My car isn't my daily driver and has some 'interesting' rebuild work to the front end, your mileage may vary...

·
92 Camry 5S-FE
485 Posts
My car isn't my daily driver and has some 'interesting' rebuild work to the front end, your mileage may vary...
I'm in the same boat. My hood is held down with hood pins and a ratchet strap. I'm too cheap to have a new upper radiator support welded in, and mine is bent so it can't latch cause I had to rebuild the front on mine too. If it works, it works.

·
Registered
1 Posts
help!

I tried all those things mentained above and nothing isn't working, My headlight is out and work at night so I need to figure out how to open it before I get pulled over. any other tricks?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts