Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Toyota Camry SE
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I just got a new phone and I'm trying to pair it with my 2020 Camry. I'm following the instructions in the manually but my car doesn't see my phone. the phone does have Bluetooth enabled. Are there any tricks to get it working?

·
Registered
2020 Toyota Camry SE
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I remember when I bought the car, the dealer paired my phone for me cause he said there was a trick to doing it. but I don't remember what that was. I assumed its the car not seeing my phone. how do you know if my phone sees the car?

·
Registered
2020 Toyota Camry SE
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok I got it working. I even got the maps working using the USB cable and the Android Auto app on the phone. but I don't see apps on the car for this other than the Maps app. What other apps should I be seeing on the car?

·
Registered
2020 Toyota Camry SE
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for that link. but my phone already has spotify installed. that didn't show up on the car. Is there something I need to do first before the car is able to see the apps?

·
Registered
2020 Toyota Camry SE
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok when I got into my car after work I tried it again. Now it seems to work. When I press on Android auto icon, I gets me directly into the map. you then have to press the circle on the bottom left to get all the apps. that's not very intuitive.

·
Registered
4 Posts
ok when I got into my car after work I tried it again. Now it seems to work. When I press on Android auto icon, I gets me directly into the map. you then have to press the circle on the bottom left to get all the apps. that's not very intuitive.
Just got a new 2020. Could you use an after-market USB plug or only the one that came with your Android phone? What do you think of Android Auto in general?

·
Registered
2020 Toyota Camry SE
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
you mean a USB cable to use to plug the phone into the car's USB port? yes you can. I went from a Chevi Corsica to a 2000 Altima to a 2008 Legacy and not much has changed during that time. then when I got the 2020 Camry, it was like when some gets released from prison after being locked up for 50 years. The whole world is so much more advanced. Like in the movie Shawshank Redemption when Brooks got released from prison. When I got the 2020 camry, it was so much more advanced than what I was used to, everything was completely different. so I don't really know what to think of Android auto. but I love my car.

·
Registered
4 Posts
you mean a USB cable to use to plug the phone into the car's USB port? yes you can. I went from a Chevi Corsica to a 2000 Altima to a 2008 Legacy and not much has changed during that time. then when I got the 2020 Camry, it was like when some gets released from prison after being locked up for 50 years. The whole world is so much more advanced. Like in the movie Shawshank Redemption when Brooks got released from prison. When I got the 2020 camry, it was so much more advanced than what I was used to, everything was completely different. so I don't really know what to think of Android auto. but I love my car.
LOL I feel the same way! Starting the car without the key was a throwback to my 80s high school days when my Mom's late 60s station wagon could start by turning the entire ignition!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.