Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 95 celica gt conv. and I just recently had a sound system installed. Well to say the least they did a crappy job and I was pissed. So the next day my bro goes to have them check the wiring out. On his way over there the car alarm comes on and it shuts the car down.To make a long story short the tech from the place comes checks it out and unplugs the little black box from under the seat.Well we found out that it burnt a 30 amp fuse under the hood.So we replaced it and it worked for a few days and it did it again. right now its sitting in my drive way because it won't let me start it up. it keeps buring that 30 amp fuse and it only started doing this after I had the sound system installed,so I don't know if its their screwed up wiring or a freak thing. If anyone has any info about this post please.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats just it I didn't get a chance to bring it back to make that it was wired correctly. my bro said that they had some newbie installing my stuff. what are diodes?

·
Registered
Highlander
1,535 Posts
Go back to the store and demand that they tow and fix it. If they won't, tell them the Better Business Bureau and local government will be contacted. DO NOT touch anything.

·
I smell McNuggets
1,011 Posts
Ok, seeing that none of you know anything about car alarms, first step, replace the fuse with the next step up, either 35 or 40 amp. If that blows your gonna have to tear apart your dash and look for the Starter kill relay. in the DEI alarms it's a group of 4 big relays that you can't miss if they did that shitty a job of the install. Your setup is wired for what is called (normally open) this means the car won't start unless your alarm gives the "All Clear signal" Chances are this is a ground signal, so if you can find the proper wire, you can unplug it from the alarm and ground it and the car should be startable at that point. I'd have to see which terminal it's hooked up to to tell you. But if grounding it doesn't work, then you can try hooking it to +12V constant. if it's starts your goo, if not i dunno what to tell you.

·
yah ..... okay
USE20
383 Posts
Just disconnect your alarm and go back to the shop that did your alarm to fix it.

·
I smell McNuggets
1,011 Posts
Neon said:
Just disconnect your alarm and go back to the shop that did your alarm to fix it.
If he does that, the car won't start. We learned that because he blew the fues. If you read my post you'll see why.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I didn't have an alarm installed, I had a speaker system installed.the alarm is factory. On the kill switch there are 4 wires, 2 big ones(white and black) and 2 small ones (orange and yellow). which one do I have to disconnect? Also there is a red wire that was cut and had no tape on it and it only has power when the brain is pluged in. Any help?????

·
I smell McNuggets
1,011 Posts
Your gonan have to trace the wires, chances are two of them goes to the brain and two go to the starter, i'd have to see it, but if it's a factory alarm, take it to the dealership and have them look at it cause factory wireing is hard to understand if you odn't know what your looking for.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
got my car fixed:D Whoever put my valve cover back on broke the wires on the wire harness. cost me $300, but at least its fixed. Thanks for all yall help.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts