Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
TableRocked
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Even though I've placed an order for a limited hybrid Rav 4, as it appears it will be at least 4 months before it arrives, I'm starting to pay attention to any new information on the 4th generation, 2020 Highlander Hybrid.

I know there's still alot we don't know, but curious if there is a spot on this forum where folks are centrally locating what they have learned on the 2020 hybrid?

My dealer is telling me he's heard February or March will be when they should start to roll through the door and he can likely start taking orders in January, maybe as early as December of this year.

A non hybrid 2020 Highlander will be at the Springfield dealership in the next 60 days for customers to take a closer look at. I'll take photos and upload what I learn to the appropriate 4th generation forum.

·
TableRocked
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't know if they were making a separate hybrid section for it.... I'll read what's been posted and enjoy

·
Registered
46 Posts
With the beefed-up Camry Hybrid powertrain, it's going to be a very different beast from the first three generations.

On the plus side, it should be lighter and dramatically more efficient, and should handle better with the TNGA platform.

On the minus side, it will be less powerfui, especially at higher speeds, and will make four-cylinder sounds.

·
TableRocked
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hybrid section will be added when there will be demand for it. We will not create a section for a vehicle that is not even sold yet.

All fruits ripe in their times.
Makes sense.... if my 2018 Limited Hybrid platinum doesn’t make it to 400k miles, trouble free, I’m really going to wonder why I purchased it.... dated in so many ways... maybe I will get myself the 2019 hybrid Limited RAV4 instead and let my wife keep driving the HL

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
TableRocked
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing