Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
05 Speedwayblue X-runner
1,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just tried out this product Captains Richards Best(CRB) on my truck.(I do not subsitute this product for washing a filthy car. I use it for inbetween car washing and waxing when my truck is still clean. I use this produck just to enhance the shine) What I liked about it is that it cleans and polishes at the same time. You use a applicator cloth and a micro fiber polishing cloth. Of course if your truck is really dirty you would wash it, but in my case my truck doesn't get all that dirty. All you do is dampen the applicator cloth, with water, add 2 to 3 sprays of CRB to the applicator and move across a small area to be cleaned/ polished, removing any dirt on the surface. Then before it dries immediately buff with the micro cloth to a nice shine. I'm really impressed with it. If interested you can order it on line www.captainsrichardsbest.com :thumbup::)

·
'07 Avalon Limited
'07 Avalon Ltd
1,093 Posts
Sorry - the bottom-line fact is that if there's still dirt on the paint and you start rubbing it with a wax applicator you're scratching the paint. It might look good now but I'll bet that after doing that a few times you'll see swirl marks all over the place.

·
05 Speedwayblue X-runner
1,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Tom in Tacoma said:
Sorry - the bottom-line fact is that if there's still dirt on the paint and you start rubbing it with a wax applicator you're scratching the paint. It might look good now but I'll bet that after doing that a few times you'll see swirl marks all over the place.
You're absolutely correct about the dirt. I've been flamed about it. I myself don't apply any type of polisher on my paint unless it is clean. My Truck is parked in the garage so it's usually just dust dirty. I just use this product for inbetween cleaning and waxing to keep the car looking nice. When my truck is filthy I follow PB's cleaning methods.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts