Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,

I purchased a certified pre-owned 2015 Corolla S from a Toyota dealership back in 2017.

I didn't add or mod anything to the car as far as sound systems, car alarms, etc.

But it appears that there is some sort of car alarm system in my car. There is a small flashing blue light underneath the steering wheel. The car was previously leased from the same Toyota dealership that I purchased it from. I initially thought it was a stock system, but I am now having doubts. I am thinking the person who leased my car previously purchased a alarm system from Toyota, but Toyota never mentioned anything to me about it. In fact, the salesman even tried to sell me one when finishing the purchase.

I say all that to say that recently, my car horn/alarm started going off in the middle of the night randomly for no reason.

And today, it would go off for like 15 seconds, stop, and then 30 min or so, it would go off again.

I turned on my car and it seems to have stopped now. But now, I'm constantly worrying about my car horn going off when I am not home or sleeping and causing a disturbance.

Any ideas regarding any of this?

·
Super Moderator
2006 Corolla XRS
5,853 Posts
Call your selling dealer for more information.

Are you able to post a pic of the module with the blue light?

Try unplugging the module to see if it changes anything.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Sound like one of those cheap car alarm many dealers pre install on their new car, hoping that the buyer will pay to activate it since "it's already there". Who knows what this kind of electrical meddling may eventually do.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hello,

I purchased a certified pre-owned 2015 Corolla S from a Toyota dealership back in 2017.

I didn't add or mod anything to the car as far as sound systems, car alarms, etc.

But it appears that there is some sort of car alarm system in my car. There is a small flashing blue light underneath the steering wheel. The car was previously leased from the same Toyota dealership that I purchased it from. I initially thought it was a stock system, but I am now having doubts. I am thinking the person who leased my car previously purchased a alarm system from Toyota, but Toyota never mentioned anything to me about it. In fact, the salesman even tried to sell me one when finishing the purchase.

I say all that to say that recently, my car horn/alarm started going off in the middle of the night randomly for no reason.

And today, it would go off for like 15 seconds, stop, and then 30 min or so, it would go off again.

I turned on my car and it seems to have stopped now. But now, I'm constantly worrying about my car horn going off when I am not home or sleeping and causing a disturbance.

Any ideas regarding any of this?
Get more info. from the dealer before you disconnect anything. Some aftermarket alarms can disable the ignition circuit if tampered with.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts