Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided I want to get a car alarm and am considering doing it myself.

I know nothing about this, so can someone point me in the right direction. Right now all I can think of is to go on crutchfield and buy a crimeguard and home the install guide is good enough for someone whos never done this before.

While considering the car alarm, I was wondering If I need or should get power locks also. What are the pros and cons of installing both things? If they are independent, ie. installing the power locks and installing the car alarm can be done in any order and at any time, without any gains from doign both at the same time, then I probly would only do the car alarm.

I have not been able to find anything on installin power locks on a corolla CE. I have no idea where to buy the parts either. Someone help me find some information on that!

Lastly, I'm not much into cars, I prefer computers, would going to dealership offer any pros to this process. I'm not worried about saving $100, but saving $500 would have me thinking.

IThanks for your help.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I forget what it is but theirs an alarm thats guaranteed...if your car gets stolen theyll buy it....its new to where i live but ive been hearing a lot of adds about it on the radio if i hear it again ill let ya know..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts